New here, just went to the Albino Farm

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
subigo
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

New here, just went to the Albino Farm

Post by subigo »

Not sure how I missed this site for so long. I've been caving for a while. However, I haven't really been into urban exploration... I hope to change that now that I have found some places to visit.

Little background... I used to go to SMSU, I was a Geology major, took the Speleology classes, got in Riverbluff cave soon after it was found... blah blah blah. Anyhoo, here are a few pics that I took out at the Albino Farm yesterday.

BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Re: New here, just went to the Albino Farm

Post by BROUSER »

Welcome! Good pics. Is the first one black/white sepia toned or did you edit that way? That last pic is good too. Very nice shot.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Welcome :)
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Nice pics! I climbed up onto the roof of the building in your first picture. It was fun, but kind of rickety. I wouldn't recommend it. Did you climb the big castle turret there? That's the best part.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
Johnson
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: New here, just went to the Albino Farm

Post by Johnson »

I've climbed the castle turret thing before, as soon as i got up there i seen light "swooping" through the trees all over. Kinda freaked me out at first until i noticed it was a big group of 16yr olds running throught the woods with their flash lights cause something "scared" them.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: RE: New here, just went to the Albino Farm

Post by White Rabbit »

Johnson wrote:I've climbed the castle turret thing before, as soon as i got up there i seen light "swooping" through the trees all over. Kinda freaked me out at first until i noticed it was a big group of 16yr olds running throught the woods with their flash lights cause something "scared" them.
Dude... If that had been me, I seriously would've screamed at the top of my lungs like Sloth in Goonies and send them all packing.
Mindscape
The Leprechaun
The Leprechaun

Post by Mindscape »

Heh. If it'd been me, I would have gone after 'em. Make 'em think that something really WAS chasing them down, so they bawled Blair Witch-style.
"I'm going deeper underground.
There's too much panic in this town."
dawgchain
The Pumkin King
The Pumkin King

Post by dawgchain »

Circle around between them and the road and light a black cat, and start screaming
"I'ma gonna shot dem bastards that done did my daughter!!!"

Or shoot a flare gun into the air and scream, "Intruders! Lock down the base! Dispose of all witnesses!!!" and then chase them with your flashlight.
----------This space for rent----------
Johnson
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Johnson »

Hahaha, sounds like we all need to get together one night and sit and wait for some virgins to these places or just anyone to come into these places and scare the living sh!t out of them. We just have to make sure we dont get shot by some dumb a$$ punk.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Johnson wrote:Hahaha, sounds like we all need to get together one night and sit and wait for some virgins to these places or just anyone to come into these places and scare the living sh!t out of them. We just have to make sure we dont get shot by some dumb a$$ punk.
Only problem with that is the houses are only a few feet away from the farm now so some dumbass may call the cops instead.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
Johnson
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Johnson »

You make a good point Willard..........Then we must call on the inner ninja inside all of us.

OK, that was retarded..........
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Or... we could just wait with a bunch of fireworks and set them off when stupid children come by! Then we take off like there was no tomorrow! Even if the cops were called there's no way they could prove it was us in the middle of the night.

BTW I have a plan to by out the neighborhood on the old Springlawn land and turn it back into a farm... problem is I don't have the several millions it would cost to take on such a venture. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

HEEEEEEY YOU GUUUUUUYS!!!
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
Hiccup
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Hiccup »

i recently bought a goonies tshirt--specifically for exploring. 8) Next time we go somewhere, im sporting it
theway___wegetby
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by theway___wegetby »

just for clarification, there is NOTHING haunted at the albino farm,right? the times i've been there (my debate coach lives around those parts) it just seemed like a bunch of empty buildings.
"Well-behaved women rarely make history."
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

"Insane people are always sure that they are fine. It is only the sane people who are willing to admit that they are crazy."
-Nora Ephron