Acid Tunnel... Argh.

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Re: Acid Tunnel... Argh.

Post by Sertile »

I landed on my hands (which you're really not supposed to do, since it can break your wrists), but all I got was a little road rash. I was shocked, though. It was like my mind couldn't comprehend why I was falling down.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
Underdog
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS

Post by Underdog »

Jeez your avatar is nuts.
"I'm federal agent Jack Bauer, and today is the longest day of my life." -Jack Bauer
dawgchain
The Pumkin King
The Pumkin King

Post by dawgchain »

I refure to run against willard in any races..... as his rats give him the edge, and me the finger.

I have asked around with a few of my less-sober aquantinces (sp?) and of the 7, 6 said that the piggy land is just the tunnels behind doling, called such because the cops check there alot, so it means something to get your tag without getting busted.

Doesn't sound "illustrious" enough to warrant an article in the news, much less multiple, I think they don't really know.
----------This space for rent----------
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

I SERIOUSLY doubt the cops ever check the tunnels behind Doling. For one thing, there are only two ways of getting there - either by walking through the entire park, or parking on the internstate and climbing down the embankment. I can't imagine the police are too willing to do either, especially for a stretch of tunnel you can't even stand up in that's only about 75ft long.

Edit: Internstate = Interstate
Last edited by Sertile on Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

I was thinking the same thing.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
dawgchain
The Pumkin King
The Pumkin King

Post by dawgchain »

They are checked during school hours by both police and public school saftey officers becuase of skippersand others, the apartments on the northeastern side often call them in.

I know, I've been busted there. as have seceral of my "friends"
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Hmm... do they actually bother to check the ruins nearby, or just the tunnels? The new Doling Park trails run right past those ruins, and everyone goes in there now.
Underdog
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS

Post by Underdog »

Sertile wrote:I SERIOUSLY doubt the cops ever check the tunnels behind Doling. For one thing, there are only two ways of getting there - either by walking through the entire park, or parking on the internstate and climbing down the embankment. I can't imagine the police are too willing to do either, especially for a stretch of tunnel you can't even stand up in that's only about 75ft long.

Edit: Internstate = Interstate
Maybe the cops think that there are doughnuts in the tunnels.
"I'm federal agent Jack Bauer, and today is the longest day of my life." -Jack Bauer
dawgchain
The Pumkin King
The Pumkin King

Post by dawgchain »

The ruins are actually frequnted by the guy who lives on top o the hill to hte west. and he is a dick about "his track" for his dirt bikes..... he would rather chase you off with his shot gun then call the cops.

on a side note... it pisses me off that he has painted "stay off my fucking track" painted in plain veiw of hte trails that so many elementry and church childrens departments now frequent. if they make someone paint over a graffitti "murial" on the side of their house of the iron cross, then they should do something about making his no trespassing more park freindly.
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Yeah, I saw all that track bullshit. Does he even own the place? Someone should kick his ass.

Also, what's the deal with the abandoned-looking shit up on the hill by the apartment building? There's some kind of building there, and a treehouse kind of thing with ropes going up to it.
dawgchain
The Pumkin King
The Pumkin King

Post by dawgchain »

? never noticed it before... might hafta check on it...

And I believe he does, but not for sure. We really need to go check something out soon. Please remeber Theo and I on your next outing in springfield.
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Went back to the Acid Tunnel tonight. Managed not to get hurt this time. There was more water this time, though.

About those things I was talking about, they're just up the hill west of the Doling Park ruins. You can see them from the interstate. I've been hesitant to check them out, though, because they're right next to that apartment building.