Blunks cave

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Blunks cave

Post by piplnr65656 »

We went and found the blunks cave. This thing is giant. It is actualy 4 cave all together. 2 come together after awhile. We wonderd around in there for 2.5 hours before we had to get back. The best part of the caves is that they are dry and I never need to duck my head. Most of the passage ways are between 8 and 50 feet tall! If you guys and girls want to go see it let me know as I would love to share this one with you guys. It would make a neet field trip.
Attachments
Half of the openings.
Half of the openings.
Picture 225a.jpg (85.01 KiB) Viewed 5566 times
The other half of the openings
The other half of the openings
Picture 226a.jpg (85.51 KiB) Viewed 5566 times
I like sparkles
I like sparkles
Picture 227a.jpg (79.23 KiB) Viewed 5571 times
Nice tall ceilings for once
Nice tall ceilings for once
Picture 231a.jpg (78.42 KiB) Viewed 5566 times
Straight down to the lower levels
Straight down to the lower levels
Picture 234a.jpg (78.55 KiB) Viewed 5566 times
The hard way to the cave. Luckly we found an easy way out
The hard way to the cave. Luckly we found an easy way out
Picture 224a.jpg (67.81 KiB) Viewed 5564 times
mjames
Prodigal Son Returns
Prodigal Son Returns

Re: Blunks cave

Post by mjames »

So it's tall with lots of pyrite in the walls? That's real cool. Pm any of the RACCCC, we'd love to go there.
Back in Black!
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Man, we used to go fishing down there when we were kids all the time, but I never knew those caves were there. We used to wander around some bluffs down there a lot, too, which I'm thinking is where the caves are.
Jesta
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by Jesta »

Where is this, pm me thanks
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Sweet! I want in on this field trip of yours. Is this nearby? I don't really feel like looking for it right now, just curious how far we'd be going.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
mjames
Prodigal Son Returns
Prodigal Son Returns

Post by mjames »

It's real hard to get to, but if you like climbing it kinda seemed like a nice place for climbing (in daylight though).
Back in Black!
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Yeah, this is definitely one of the more unique caves I've been in in the area. Very very cool.
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Well, I love to climb! Wish I could've gone now that I hear more about it.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

RE: Blunks cave

Post by whipping_post »

Every time I see the name of this topic I think something else and then get the munchies.

But the pictures are cool. WR, is there a way or someplace we can host some pictures like with a picture server to link to? That might be better if some people have larger pictures. Just a thought.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: RE: Blunks cave

Post by White Rabbit »

whipping_post wrote:WR, is there a way or someplace we can host some pictures like with a picture server to link to? That might be better if some people have larger pictures. Just a thought.
You mean like larger file-size pictures? If that's what you mean, the only reason I don't allow larger than 100k is to keep our bandwidth from getting eaten up. Disk space isn't much of an issue, but bandwidth would go faster.

PM if you want, so we don't derail the thread :)
FiReDiVeR
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Post by FiReDiVeR »

Can you post some directions to the caves for everybody else to know if not I would appriciate it if you could pm me.
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by piplnr65656 »

FiReDiVeR wrote:Can you post some directions to the caves for everybody else to know if not I would appriciate it if you could pm me.
I would give you good directions but you can ask everyone i took there about it this place is hard to find and there is no trail to it. If you are at the top of the hill in galena missouri ( like you are going from galena to cape fair) you drive down blunks road maby 1.5 miles till the road starts down the hill. On the left side of the road on a curve you will see that the fence is knocked down. If you cross over the fence and walk staright threw the woods you will find a fence that you can go under where a dry creek is. After you cross under the fence you will head straight down the cliff and the cave will be on the second ledge to your left