New to the site but not caving/urbexing..Friends?

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
CuriousGeorge
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

New to the site but not caving/urbexing..Friends?

Post by CuriousGeorge »

I have lived in Springfield for about 5 years now and I have always been fascinated by nature. I lived most of my life in Alaska which is probably why I enjoy nature so much. Of course I have been to the commercial caves close by. Most of the caves I have currently been to are around Springfield with the exception of a few far away ones. I normally don't go deep into the caves I find because I'm always out by myself and with my dog so that also makes it a little hard. However the caves I know the names of that I have been to are mostly around Lost Hill Park and the Fulbright area. I'm still in search of Keyhole cave, Stalactite cave(which I may know where they are after doing more research) and In and out cave(which idk if this just has multiple names or not). I have also been to Siphon Spring cave and others in the Springfield Lake area. Plan on going to Skylight cave and Ash grove cave soon. I know information isn't handed out which I respect so in the mean time just lookin for friends or some small talk. I have been using a book called Caves of Missouri by Bretz 1956 as well as any other info found online and this site. Occasionally I explore abandon buildings/areas like as most people know the Albino Farm and the quarry in Phenix. However I don't do this as much since I really need someone else and can't bring my dog as well as it has higher risk because its obvious going into a building you are trespassing but being in nature most of the time I can talk my way out of it cause I find a entrance with no signs or fence looks so old that how would I know if it marks a present property.
Jackal
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: New to the site but not caving/urbexing..Friends?

Post by Jackal »

Hey, man. I'd be more than down to explore some places with ya. My usual friends who I go urbexing with are just super busy nowadays, especially since we got in trouble with the law in Kansas City exploring a place so I'm actually looking for some people to explore with
Almost dying is somewhat of a hobby of mine
CuriousGeorge
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: New to the site but not caving/urbexing..Friends?

Post by CuriousGeorge »

Sounds like a plan, I sent you a message.