Siphon Springs

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
GroovyGoober
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Siphon Springs

Post by GroovyGoober »

New here (first post):

Found Siphon Springs Cave the other day, poked my head in and am curious if anyone has spent time exploring the entire thing. It is very clean and seemingly undisturbed. The first bit is a sustained crawl, curious about any other formations.
CuriousGeorge
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Siphon Springs

Post by CuriousGeorge »

I went here about a week ago and looked like someone was camping out in front of it and they left a bunch of trash behind so must have been after you visited but it did look fresh. I found a post with pictures but it's so old the pictures don't appear anymore. From what I have gathered it seems like a decent size cave with many small corridors. Definitely one I plan to explore more soon, especially if I can possibly find it mapped out.
GroovyGoober
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by GroovyGoober »

CuriousGeorge wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:51 pm I went here about a week ago and looked like someone was camping out in front of it and they left a bunch of trash behind so must have been after you visited but it did look fresh. I found a post with pictures but it's so old the pictures don't appear anymore. From what I have gathered it seems like a decent size cave with many small corridors. Definitely one I plan to explore more soon, especially if I can possibly find it mapped out.
When I first made this thread I thought I had found Siphon Springs, but it must have been some other cave nearby. I actually found it a week later and went in 200-300 feet. That same trash and sleeping bag was there when I went (mid October 2021). I would like to go back but am not in MO right now. I figure it'll be late next spring when I'll try it again (I figure it's good policy to not go caving during bat hibernation). I'd be down to go with you and explore, let me know if that's something you're up for (it'd be late spring 2023).
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

1970s cave map

Edit: Sorry the website resized the image down, now you can't read the numbers.
Attachments
Siphon Springs Cave Map.jpg
Siphon Springs Cave Map.jpg (49.58 KiB) Viewed 3995 times
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand