MFA Building

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
DeeDee
Mrs. Willard
Mrs. Willard

MFA Building

Post by DeeDee »

I read in the news leader yesterday that they may have a buyer for the mfa building. They are thinking of putting the Jordan Valley Innovation Center there. They are going to gut it and modernize it include numerous research laboratories and testing facilities, offices and coference rooms for MSUs center for applied seince and enginerinng. Four of the eight floors will be avaible to futures tenants. 3 compaines already plan to use the building. Construction will begin by the end of the year.

Just thought people would like to know. Just rember that was from fridays paper so things may or may not change.
It's your mom and I helped!!!!
SandMan
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Re: MFA Building

Post by SandMan »

DeeDee wrote:I read in the news leader yesterday that they may have a buyer for the mfa building. They are thinking of putting the Jordan Valley Innovation Center there. They are going to gut it and modernize it include numerous research laboratories and testing facilities, offices and coference rooms for MSUs center for applied seince and enginerinng. Four of the eight floors will be avaible to futures tenants. 3 compaines already plan to use the building. Construction will begin by the end of the year.

Just thought people would like to know. Just rember that was from fridays paper so things may or may not change.
This deal happen sometime ago. Construction has already started.
darkcloud617
Sir Talks-a-lot
Sir Talks-a-lot

Post by darkcloud617 »

wow that's pretty cool, i had no idea...
DeeDee
Mrs. Willard
Mrs. Willard

Post by DeeDee »

May have, but they didnt say anything until friday from what i could tell from the artilce.
SandMan
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Post by SandMan »

DeeDee wrote:May have, but they didnt say anything until friday from what i could tell from the artilce.
I seem to recall it being in the paper more then once in the last year. Either way it has been public for more then a year and well know in those in the "know" since MSU (SMSU at the time) brought MFA from the city for one dollor.
darkcloud617
Sir Talks-a-lot
Sir Talks-a-lot

Post by darkcloud617 »

SandMan wrote:
DeeDee wrote:May have, but they didnt say anything until friday from what i could tell from the artilce.
I seem to recall it being in the paper more then once in the last year. Either way it has been public for more then a year and well know in those in the "know" since MSU (SMSU at the time) brought MFA from the city for one dollor.
thats pretty internesting- so they bought it for one dollar.
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Yeah, old news. They built a ramp recently, going up into the building. I guess they're gonna start hauling stuff out soon.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
DeeDee
Mrs. Willard
Mrs. Willard

RE: MFA Building

Post by DeeDee »

Sorry, guess once again i dont know jack until everyone else does. :(
dawgchain
The Pumkin King
The Pumkin King

Post by dawgchain »

I read in hte Mis-Leader today that it will be a Nanotechnology research facility. Thats cool.
----------This space for rent----------
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Quick update, info and pics courtesy of Anne -

Apparently a third of the building has been gutted/destroyed, that being the offices closest to the street. The factory floor and silos are still standing, to the best of my knowledge. I haven't been downtown to see it, but I plan on checking things out soon. I'll let you know what I find.
Attachments
MFA ruins
MFA ruins
DSC_5428 2.jpg (98.45 KiB) Viewed 5086 times
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

That's pretty wild.
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Yeah, we scoped the place out Saturday night and the rest of the building is still intact, but it looked like they were gutting it from the inside-out. There's a fence all around, but there were gaps and our old way in is still open, if anyone wants to check it out... but going into active construction sites isn't my bag, especially when there are lights on inside.
BRANDOFLUCK
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Post by BRANDOFLUCK »

Nanotechnology is crazy. I wouldn't have thought MSU would go into that.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

There not tearing the building down, just gutting it. There wasn't really much there for walls in the first place and if you've ever seen the concept drawings for the remodel... the remodeled outside walls will look nothing like what they just stripped off.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Yeah, I know they're not tearing it down, I just said they destroyed it... which they pretty much did. Also, I'm pretty sure I heard this was going to be some kind of "homeland security" research center. I don't know where nanotechnology came from.