Re: MFA Building

Post by BRANDOFLUCK »

It was in the paper, or on tv.
SandMan
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Post by SandMan »

Sertile wrote:Yeah, I know they're not tearing it down, I just said they destroyed it... which they pretty much did. Also, I'm pretty sure I heard this was going to be some kind of "homeland security" research center. I don't know where nanotechnology came from.
Nope, you might be thinking that because some of the grant money came for the Dept. of Homeland Security. The building is owned by MSU and will be leased to R&D companys and will allow student to work in the research that those companys do.
BRANDOFLUCK
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Post by BRANDOFLUCK »

The building plans were on the news, or in the paper, not sure. I think the paper. They showed all the floors and what each would have. I can't remember what all was going to be inside.
SandMan
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

RE: MFA Building

Post by SandMan »

Will that may be their plan but they really don't have their tenents line up yet and depending who they get will mean what type of research they do. The idea is for high-tech bio fields such as biomaterials, nano-technologies, genomics and "bio-systems software engineering".

Also note sure if this has been posted but the name of the project is the Jordan Valley Innovation Center.
dawgchain
The Pumkin King
The Pumkin King

Post by dawgchain »

It was on both TV and Paper... and they do have several R&D groups lined up.
----------This space for rent----------
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Hey, I just wanted to say I checked the place out again when I was home last week, and they're really doing a number on it. There's a big sign posted now too, showing what the building is supposed to look like when it's finished. The funny part is, (according to the poster, at least) the only part they're remodelling is the office space they gutted... which means the crappy warehouse part and the silos are apparently going to be left intact. It's probably cheaper to just leave them standing, I guess.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

RE: MFA Building

Post by Willard »

I'm guessing the part that's not being remodled will get a fresh coat of paint and bet used as warehouse storage space. It would seem logical for the type of companies using the mill.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Well, I hope they at least replace all the broken glass. I also noticed they were building a nice new parking lot, with landscaping and whatnot. I just think it's going to look kind of silly to have a nice, new building growing out the side of an old grain elevator.

It's like a cancer... but which is the tumor? The new or the old?
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Sertile wrote: It's like a cancer... but which is the tumor? The new or the old?
That's easy... MSU is the cancer! :lol:
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude