Riverbluff Cave field house

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
RaccoonCC
Big Sexy
Big Sexy

Post by RaccoonCC »

So whats the deal with this field house? I saw it on the news a few minutes ago, and it looks pretty cool, but is it open? All it said was that it was dedicated this morning at 10. I'm interested...
I'm not good I'm not nice i'm just right. I'm witch...You're the world.
darkcloud617
Sir Talks-a-lot
Sir Talks-a-lot

Post by darkcloud617 »

what do you mean... why was it on the news?
colt45
Shiney Hiney
Shiney Hiney

RE: Riverbluff Cave field house

Post by colt45 »

Do i see another RACCCC adventure in he making?...What the hell is riverbluff cave field house?
There's no place like gnome
~Barracuda~
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

Has exhibits of discoveries in Riverbluff Cave. It will be open to the public during normal business hours.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: RE: Riverbluff Cave field house

Post by piplnr65656 »

BROUSER wrote:Has exhibits of discoveries in Riverbluff Cave. It will be open to the public during normal business hours.
Is that the cave that they found the dead indians in?
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

No dead Indians, the cave was sealed way before people got into the area. Just mastodon bones, short faced bears, peccaries, turtles, and all kinds of ice age animal remains.

http://www.riverbluffcave.com/
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Re: Riverbluff Cave field house

Post by BROUSER »

My brother was going to the cave this morning to help run cable down into the cave to set up a web-cam down there. I'm not sure when, but eventually they are talking about put the web-cam on the site to watch the work in action.
― Ken Ham
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

No, but you might be thinking of Henson Cave. I worked there in 2003 with the MSU Center for Archaeological Research right before they discovered some Osage remains and had to shut it down for NAGPRA reasons (the cave was later filled in).
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
Jesta
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by Jesta »

What is NAGPRA?
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

The Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act. It's basically a law that says if you find the body of a Native American, you have to find his or her tribe and return said body, or tell them where they can come get it, before you can continue digging. It's to prevent against grave-robbery, basically.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by piplnr65656 »

Sertile wrote:
No, but you might be thinking of Henson Cave. I worked there in 2003 with the MSU Center for Archaeological Research right before they discovered some Osage remains and had to shut it down for NAGPRA reasons (the cave was later filled in).
Is that down by kimberling city? I was thinking that is where I heard about i happening. This was back in the late 90's from what I remember.
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

Digging through some old pics and found these two that I took in Riverbluff Cave. The bear beds and the claw marks didn't turn out though. Didn't actually go down into the bear pit to get close enough and had a weak flash.
― Ken Ham
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

Correction. I did find the bear claw scratch picture from Riverbluff Cave. It's just not very good. What can I say, I use a Pentax K1000. The camera is older than most people on this site. But not as old as these clawmarks. From a short-face bear, extinct for about 10,000 years, give or take.
― Ken Ham
slow_walker
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!

Post by slow_walker »

BROUSER wrote: What can I say, I use a Pentax K1000. The camera is older than most people on this site.
When I was in high school, Pentax K1000's are what we learned on in photography class. Even the Advanced Photography class used them to take all of the student pictures for the yearbook (small school, we did our own photos). I loved those cameras so much, that when I graduated that's the only thing I asked for. So my parents bought me one and I used it constantly until about 6 years ago. Now, it's just not as convenient as the digitals, nor is it as easy to carry. :)
I do still own it though, just don't really want to get rid of it.
Last edited by slow_walker on Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

I have a Pentax SE, which is just a little more convenient than the K1000. But it's not just about the convenience, I like the process and the challenges. It's why people still paint with oil instead of doing it all on the computer.
― Ken Ham