Hydraslide

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
Jesta
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

RE: Hydraslide

Post by Jesta »

Speaking of slides, dose anyone rember the huge slides at sunshine and glenstone where plasa towers is at. It was the kind that they give you a burlap bag then you climb the stairs and slide down just hoping to stay on the bag, if not you would loose some skin......the good old days lol
bluecookies
Buckeye
Buckeye

Post by bluecookies »

I've seen places like that but didn't know that Springfield had one, how long ago was this?
Jesta
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by Jesta »

30 to 35 years ago dont know for sure memory is a little fuzzy that far back. But i do remmber that a big day was going to the slide then going across the street to plaza shoes and ridding the merry-go-round.
dawgchain
The Pumkin King
The Pumkin King

Re: RE: Hydraslide

Post by dawgchain »

Jesta wrote:30 to 35 years ago dont know for sure memory is a little fuzzy that far back. But i do remmber that a big day was going to the slide then going across the street to plaza shoes and ridding the merry-go-round.
Amazing! and your profile says age 16!!!!!!!
----------This space for rent----------
Jesta
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by Jesta »

I guess im going to have to get my own profile and stop using my sons. Every time i post something that is dated someone gets on me. Just relax and take life as it comes...........CHILL............
dawgchain
The Pumkin King
The Pumkin King

Post by dawgchain »

lol, i was making a joke.... I have noticed several things like the age dif....
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

Poll here at work came up with a few people that remember the big slide. Must have been before my time, or we never went, either one.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

Post by David Keetz »

they have those things in street carnivals that come through regularly
I think something clever is supposed to go right here.
Underdog
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS

Post by Underdog »

dawgchain wrote:
Jesta wrote:30 to 35 years ago dont know for sure memory is a little fuzzy that far back. But i do remmber that a big day was going to the slide then going across the street to plaza shoes and ridding the merry-go-round.
Amazing! and your profile says age 16!!!!!!!
Yeah, you REALLY need to get your own profile. I was like, "Why on earth would a teenie know about that?" It gave me a laugh.

I loved Wet Willies and Hydraslide. I lived by both and they were the highlight of my summers. Each one closed down because of insurance problems. I'd always walk away with scrapes and bruses from those places. The 4th to 3rd lane crossovers were so great. They discoraged so much but everyone did it. True bragging rights. Three years ago me and some friends went and rode on the icey remains of the Hydraslide over the winter. It was pretty fun but very cold.
"I'm federal agent Jack Bauer, and today is the longest day of my life." -Jack Bauer
dawgchain
The Pumkin King
The Pumkin King

Post by dawgchain »

I've never been, but back in highschool, We had a group of people go out, and one of the guy's who went down fell off the back of the trash can lid they were useing. It was awsome to see him Explain to the coach why he had to miss the big game the next night.
Mindscape
The Leprechaun
The Leprechaun

Post by Mindscape »

Underdog wrote:Yeah, you REALLY need to get your own profile. I was like, "Why on earth would a teenie know about that?" It gave me a laugh.
Willard was like that in his teens.
"I'm going deeper underground.
There's too much panic in this town."
DeeDee
Mrs. Willard
Mrs. Willard

Post by DeeDee »

Willard was probally like the day he was born.
(ya know im teasing)
It's your mom and I helped!!!!
Punctual
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Post by Punctual »

Yeah i went sledding there last year very fun. When i went there as a little kid always used the pancake mats to slide on ( could move easier ) 4th lane was my favorite for the fact i was usually the only one not to get hurt on it and had bragging rights to it. But I was actually there when the kid broke his nose. I was waiting in line like 2 people back. the kid was being a dumbass and stood up and hit his head on the bridge.
WR holds Burger Record at WF cody's
Punctual
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Post by Punctual »

Oh forgot to add I was laughing really hard when i saw him. :twisted:
WR holds Burger Record at WF cody's
Underdog
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS

Post by Underdog »

Mindscape wrote:
Underdog wrote:Yeah, you REALLY need to get your own profile. I was like, "Why on earth would a teenie know about that?" It gave me a laugh.
Willard was like that in his teens.
Yeah. I've known him since first grade and he was like that but he's one in a million. Anyways it seems to be snowing out. Anyone up for Hydraslide when it ices over?
"I'm federal agent Jack Bauer, and today is the longest day of my life." -Jack Bauer