Shadowrock Lodge

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
Mad
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Shadowrock Lodge

Post by Mad »

Shadowrock lodge on the outskirts of Forsyth towards Taneyville. I haven't seen this posted, thought I'd inform anyone who thinks it might be interesting.

3 buildings, from North to South: A cube, a Motel, and a Lodge:

Cube: first floor Entrance on the East side, open window. Overall, not a great spot. Graffiti is scratched into the walls, but nothing artistic. It appears drywall was recently (<1 year) put up, no electricity. Only good to be a spot away from prying eyes.

Motel: This is still partially inhabited, but there is an entrance to the southernmost room on the second floor that is slightly interesting. Has an old lazyboy that faces the road, and 2 walls of all windows, some panes missing.

Lodge: Enter by the main gate, the chain is broken in three places, so not a ton of security. Interesting landscape design that is falling apart. Rooms are all identical, and mold is prevalent. tar leaks through the ceiling of all the second story rooms, which gives the feeling of ectoplasm, which is always rad.

Overall, looks great from the outside, but these buildings provide little to no entertainment for an Urbex explorer. Bring a ventilator if you plan on staying for anytime, but I wouldn't go out of your way to explore. Cops like to hangout at the park next door.
Smokehouse
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Shadowrock Lodge

Post by Smokehouse »

Nice find man!
I am the liquor Randy
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Re: Shadowrock Lodge

Post by gimpface »

Yeah, that place is a shithole. I seem to recall the building closest to 160 having a filled in pool on its roof, but I may be wrong about that.
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!