Lost Hills Park

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
adventure418
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Lost Hills Park

Post by adventure418 »

I have officially been to all of the caves in Lost Hills Park (at least all of the ones mapped by members on here) as well as one that isn’t on the map. The biggest by far is Devils Slide cave, but it isn’t too complex. Another cool cave is what I believe is coffin cave. It is a 10ish foot drop with a log sticking out of it. Once below there isn’t too much to see though. The last cave pictured isn’t named by anyone I’ve talked to but had a few blankets and jackets piled up like a bed at the back of it. CREEPY.

https://flickr.com/photos/162438804@N06 ... 8031515825
DeathByMoths
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Lost Hills Park

Post by DeathByMoths »

I've been in Devil's Slide, but it was a long time ago. I assume you had to ninja back in there? I was under the impression that someone owned/monitored the property out there, is that still the case?
adventure418
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: RE: Lost Hills Park

Post by adventure418 »

DeathByMoths wrote:I've been in Devil's Slide, but it was a long time ago. I assume you had to ninja back in there? I was under the impression that someone owned/monitored the property out there, is that still the case?
Somewhat. All the directions on this website basically say to walk up the persons driveway but they had "no trespassing" signs up and the police stopped me for just looking. The way I ended up getting to it was backtracking through the woods in Lost Hills. I've found a path now though that's pretty simple and only has one fence to cross.
DeathByMoths
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Lost Hills Park

Post by DeathByMoths »

I think we ended up hopping a few fences in the little subdivision that had been recently built when I was there last. Yeah, not a great idea to just traipse up that guys driveway I'd imagine. Nowhere to park either, unless you wanted to walk from the river access thing down the road.
Smokehouse
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: RE: Lost Hills Park

Post by Smokehouse »

DeathByMoths wrote:I think we ended up hopping a few fences in the little subdivision that had been recently built when I was there last. Yeah, not a great idea to just traipse up that guys driveway I'd imagine. Nowhere to park either, unless you wanted to walk from the river access thing down the road.
Ya that's what we ended up doing. Cold water in the waterproof boots wasn't fun
I am the liquor Randy
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Re: Lost Hills Park

Post by Nicotti »

adventure418 wrote:The last cave pictured isn’t named by anyone I’ve talked to but had a few blankets and jackets piled up like a bed at the back of it. CREEPY.
Hobo home/Sexy-fun time room? :lol:
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
adventure418
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Lost Hills Park

Post by adventure418 »

Nicotti wrote:
adventure418 wrote:The last cave pictured isn’t named by anyone I’ve talked to but had a few blankets and jackets piled up like a bed at the back of it. CREEPY.
Hobo home/Sexy-fun time room? :lol:
Probably a little bit of both