Lost Hill Park Caves

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
Allidoisdab
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Lost Hill Park Caves

Post by Allidoisdab »

Trying to find some extra info on where some caves might be at this local park. Located 3 so far 2 of which were very interesting as they went straight into crevices that lowered into large entry rooms one was almost a 15 foot drop. Anyways loved to hear back!! Been reading on here for so long just getting bored of never finding anything different.
adventure418
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Lost Hill Park Caves

Post by adventure418 »

I haven't been to these caves or even heard of them, but I just googled the name and was able to find an article about them. It may help, may not. http://silvergypsytravel.blogspot.com/2 ... ld-mo.html
Allidoisdab
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Allidoisdab »

Thanks!! I see a couple caves I don’t recognize. The one that has a a fence line to mark the property is probably one of the coolest caves I’ve seen just because of how all the rooms are put together lmk if you find this lucky 💎 or if any of you guys find anything else!
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Re: Lost Hill Park Caves

Post by Nicotti »

4 caves and the brick grotto are located here:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Lost+ ... 228m/data=

2 south of the river, 2 north plus the grotto.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
floppysock
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by floppysock »

I've gone here twice now looking for caves. I've found 5 or 6, but I still can't find the one I'm looking for. I believe it's called Devil's Slide, and from the photos and video I found it looked pretty large. Do any of you know where in the park it's at?
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

floppysock wrote:I've gone here twice now looking for caves. I've found 5 or 6, but I still can't find the one I'm looking for. I believe it's called Devil's Slide, and from the photos and video I found it looked pretty large. Do any of you know where in the park it's at?
south of the electric in this general area

-Ayn Rand
adventure418
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by adventure418 »

floppysock wrote:I've gone here twice now looking for caves. I've found 5 or 6, but I still can't find the one I'm looking for. I believe it's called Devil's Slide, and from the photos and video I found it looked pretty large. Do any of you know where in the park it's at?
I attempted to go to this cave once and was actually stopped by the cops for parking on the side of the road. I never even got out of my car. I'd be careful or park a couple miles down the road near the school and not the residential area.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Yeah, residential areas are terrible spots to park. I remember a few years back Mind, Sub, Panic, and I were going to do some exploring near Pevely. I'm driving a sedan, not a sketchy car or anything. But immediately after we park and get out of the car, a guy comes out of the house next to where we parked and asks, "What are you doing? I'm mean what are you doing here??" Most annoying, accusatory voice ever. I think we made up some excuse that we were visiting someone, had the wrong address, and then we left. We imagine his scared housewife immediately jumped on him after we left and humped him dry, for being the "man" against those obviously "lying ruffians".

-Ayn Rand
Smokehouse
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Smokehouse »

Nicotti wrote:We imagine his scared housewife immediately jumped on him after we left and humped him dry, for being the "man" against those obviously "lying ruffians".
Those damn ruffians
I am the liquor Randy
adventure418
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: RE: Lost Hill Park Caves

Post by adventure418 »

Allidoisdab wrote:Thanks!! I see a couple caves I don’t recognize. The one that has a a fence line to mark the property is probably one of the coolest caves I’ve seen just because of how all the rooms are put together lmk if you find this lucky 💎 or if any of you guys find anything else!
I went tonight and found 5 caves on the property, and this one was by far the best. I'm gonna be posting what pictures I can later.
Explorer9325
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Explorer9325 »

Are these caves very big I went walking and found 3 the other day
adventure418
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: RE: Lost Hill Park Caves

Post by adventure418 »

Explorer9325 wrote:Are these caves very big I went walking and found 3 the other day
Not really, most of them you can’t even stand up in. There’s two slightly bigger ones off the main path if you wander the woods a bit.