Sequiota Cave

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

RE: Sequiota Cave

Post by Sertile »

Anne, would you have really wanted to crawl twice as far in the opposite direction just to see a waterfall?

It is a pretty nice one, though. If anyone's seen the one in Doling Cave, it's about thrice that size, and you have to climb straight up it and swim a ways to keep going. The water's really steamy and churny down there too, like being in a hot tub, only... not as hot.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

Not that day, but yes.
Anne has left the building.
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

I casually sauntered through the park with my canoe on Saturday and did the quick boat tour into the cave. Took my 15 year old nephew, and now I'm a pretty cool uncle. We didn't get out and play in the muck, but the boat tour was pretty cool. The bats are still very active, very noisy, very smelly. Sertile, how far past the pipe across the stream is the waterfall? Is there any connection, no matter how small, between the little dry cave and the wet cave? I would swear when we got further back in there that I could just barely hear kid's voices over the bats and the water lapping against the ledge right there. My nephew said he didn't hear anything. Talked to my brother about it, said there may be plans in the works to put a cage over Sequiota as well.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Brouser,

A: The cave forks after the pipe. To the left is a low spot followed by more water, but no waterfall. To the right is less water, but after a lengthy walk/crawl you will eventually get there. It's not spectacular, but it is nice and loud.

B: The caves do not connect. I've explored to the ends of all three caves at Sequiota, and they do not link up in any navigable way. The smaller dry cave only goes back about 50 feet before it comes to and end. The cave DOES, however, connect to a piracy cave somewhere on the hilltop (according to Matt), but it's supposed to be extremely dangerous and so far I've yet to locate or attempt it.

C: Barring Sequiota Cave really wouldn't surprise me. Like I said before, they barred Doling Cave which is a considerably safer cave and only houses about 2 bats, vs. the ENORMOUS colony in Sequiota, so it does kind of make sense. I'm sure they would bar every cave in Greene Co. if it were in the budget.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

Updated my blog with the cave, so get off my bum about it. :P
www.undergroundozarks.com/blog/anne
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

was that your pink flip-flop i found in the cave? i left it outside the entrance, it may still be there.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
darkcloud617
Sir Talks-a-lot
Sir Talks-a-lot

Post by darkcloud617 »

those rocks thats infront of the caves, i fell all the way from the top one time- still hurts like hell though *rubs back*
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: RE: Sequiota Cave

Post by Anne »

BROUSER wrote:was that your pink flip-flop i found in the cave? i left it outside the entrance, it may still be there.
Nope, I wore my combat boots in there. We did see another flip flop quite a ways back in the cave, I think it was blue if memory serves right.
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by piplnr65656 »

BROUSER wrote:was that your pink flip-flop i found in the cave? i left it outside the entrance, it may still be there.
ohoh I know the story behind those and the pair of panties that are on the clay ledge. They all belong to the same person.
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Yeah, those would be Anne's flip-flops... and panties. She told me she was looking all over for them.
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

Sertile wrote:Yeah, those would be Anne's flip-flops... and panties. She told me she was looking all over for them.
:roll: I'm just going to kick your bum.
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Yeah, I posted a little too late for that to actually be funny.

Hey, if you want to go back sometime and check out the other side of the cave, let me know. I'm down for it any day it's not too cold. The same applies to you too, Underdog, and anyone else who wants to go.

...Or you could just go together, and take me out of the loop all together, but I don't really recommend that.
darkcloud617
Sir Talks-a-lot
Sir Talks-a-lot

Post by darkcloud617 »

anyone know that giant rock infront of the caves- well yeah i remember i was pushed off of that summa gun- damn back still hurts. :x