SubLunar's Blog

Read about other UE sites/blogs/channels/etc. Announce your website updates here!
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: SubLunar

Post by BagHead727 »

But really though, places like this it almost doesn't matter whether you post the name. Err' body gonna know what it is regardless
aka "That Guy"
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: SubLunar's Blog

Post by SubLunar »

True but my reasons for obfuscating the names aren't to keep the locations secret, that's practically impossible anyway. I just do it to keep them from popping up in the googles until such time as it is safe so the property owners are not alerted by my posting their stuff publicly.

Most people these days act like there are no risks to identifying every location publicly and they are quick to criticize these methods but that's only because they haven't been at it long enough to have experienced the repercussions for themselves. They should ask WR about all the legal troubles that plagued him for years..

Eventually everything will be identified. Until then, people will continue to get butthurt as to why I change the names but they can suck it because I'm having fun exploring these places and I'm not ruining it for everyone else by getting them sealed because of too much publicity and that's all that matters.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

You know you should just come out and say what ios REALLY on your mind Sub dont hold things back let it all out
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

I wasn't going off on him if that's how it came across, I was just replying in general.

There's lots of people out there fucking it up for everyone else because they're instagramming from active rooftops with GPS enabled and whatnot. Identifying sensitive locations and getting the owners alerted who increase security measures. I may change names of places but at least I'm not one of those people.
ucitygal
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Re: RE: SubLunar's Blog

Post by ucitygal »

SubLunar wrote:3 of 4

Skyscraper #5

I don't mean to be using so many generic names lately but there are good reasons for it..
Those pictures are AWESOME Nice find! Thanks for sharing your views with us. :)
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

ucitygal wrote:Nice find! Thanks for sharing your views with us. :)
Sorry, I didn't mean to start preaching about stuff.. I just see reports of peeps out there getting busted for posting things publicly and it makes me more paranoid. I don't want to risk going through all the trouble to get into some of these places just to get busted for talking about them by name online.

I'd like to point out that I don't take any credit for a couple of the locations from this last trip, all credit to those whose hard work which I merely benefitted from.
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

I always have people getting pissed that I won't identify my stuff. I just had some kid go off on me because I wouldn't tell him where that nuke plant is. It was funny he started acting tough saying trespassing isn't a serious charge so he doesn't care about getting caught. I facepalmed. I already filter all comments but I still get people attempting to name every place I post. It gets so annoying that Ive just started banning all of them. A lot of the time its the same dumb people on every location
aka "That Guy"
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

yeah see there's two distinct attitudes: people who give you shit for not posting enough information and those who give you shit for posting too much.

I just do what I think is right and I think it makes the most sense to not identify sensitive locations. If other people do it, that sucks but I'm just gonna keep doing what I do and try to stay ahead of the crowds and all the bullshit.
ucitygal
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Post by ucitygal »

SubLunar wrote:
ucitygal wrote:Nice find! Thanks for sharing your views with us. :)
Sorry, I didn't mean to start preaching about stuff.. I just see reports of peeps out there getting busted for posting things publicly and it makes me more paranoid. I don't want to risk going through all the trouble to get into some of these places just to get busted for talking about them by name online.

I'd like to point out that I don't take any credit for a couple of the locations from this last trip, all credit to those whose hard work which I merely benefitted from.
I don't think you're preaching. I would protect things too and only share things with those I would trust.

Just for the record!
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

I'm honestly not too worried about getting caught. Its not like im going around with a selfie cam or being a douchebag like a lot of people, they kind of deserve to get caught. And so far all of the property owners I've met have been pretty cool because they see everything else I've done and realize I'm not just fucking shit up. People act like its dangerous to grow but its not. Its advantageous the way I see it.
aka "That Guy"
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

yeah but not all property owners are the kind you can talk to. Take the locations I called Asylum #4 and Hospital #4. If the real names were used and the news picked up those stories like they did with the mall, I think there could be problems.
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

Oh yeah definitely, and that's why neither of us typically use real names. But some locations are so risky it's kind of dumb to even attempt in the first place. I'd say anything still active or government related is an obvious no no.

*but we still do it despite our better judgement lol. Most explorers don't even bother with stuff like that.

Still, who is going to recognize those locations? The hospital maybe since so many people have been there and it's so recently closed. But not the asylum, nobody is going to recognize that. I never included exterior shots of either place.
aka "That Guy"
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Update 4 of 4

The Odd Fellows Home
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

I'm back on the youtube!

Hospital #4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg0bK9qccvA

Also got like 5 other videos including some other stuff I never edited. Coming soon...
Last edited by SubLunar on Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ucitygal
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Post by ucitygal »

SubLunar wrote:Update 4 of 4

The Odd Fellows Home
Nice!