SubLunar's Blog

Read about other UE sites/blogs/channels/etc. Announce your website updates here!
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: SubLunar's Blog

Post by SubLunar »

New post up now. More to come.

ASARCO
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Got a couple of new videos up:

Jefferson Hotel

Millenium Hotel
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

New post up now and several more on the way

Water Treatment Plant
gnar_hesh
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by gnar_hesh »

SubLunar wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:49 pm New post up now and several more on the way

Water Treatment Plant
Driven past here a whole bunch scoping it out and decided against it because it looks like it was probably smelly.
Would you like to know more?

IG:@Gnarlord_of_the_Wasteland
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

gnar_hesh wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:13 am
SubLunar wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:49 pm New post up now and several more on the way

Water Treatment Plant
Driven past here a whole bunch scoping it out and decided against it because it looks like it was probably smelly.
Surprisingly not smelly actually. Not super interesting but it was a nice little explore. The control panel was neat and the flooded rusty shit in the middle was kinda spooky.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

New post up now!

The Old Vernon County Jail

BUT WAIT

THERE'S MORE

I have been busting my ass to get a "category index" feature on this damn blog for fucking years. YEARS. I kept giving up because blogger does WEIRD SHIT in the background with CSS/HTML you can't access. So I could never get it to work right.

UNTIL NOW*.

AND IT SUCKED ASS.

This literally took me like an entire week of pounding away at it until FINALLY. Part of getting this to work involved a little sneakery. In order to get the code to work right, I had to get it OUT of certain DIV's that blogger locks your posts into. I had a brilliant idea to put closing </div> tags at the start of the pages and VOILA. Then, just a shitload of painstaking work from there to get it all looking right.

OBSERVE the top/right of the blog. You can click on a category and browse almost all locations SORTED BY AWESOMENESS. I've left out a couple of the more boring locations from like a decade or more ago. Everything else that was worth including is included in the index.
LOCATIONS BY CATEGORY
Industrial
Institutional
Commercial
Residential
BUT WAIT

THERE'S MORE

I also added a search feature to the blog along the right menu. Nothing special, scroll and you'll find it.

*Category index is mostly working but still under construction. Some text/etc needs to be added/filled in. Whatever. Also need to work on thumbnails instead of resizing full images for the index, but again, whatever. I'll get around to that.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Forgot I hadn't yet posted the video from the water treatment plant..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCeqtYRF9qo

Note: There is more stuff queued up and ready to go.. some of it is still too spicy/fresh to post... some of it is....... the most incredible stuff I've ever explored... I never use clickbaity words like that to hype my own shit but like, for real man.

One of these for, example, I've been sitting on for.. oh.. idk like FOURTEEN YEARS or so... nbd. Well past the statute of limitations now. :mrgreen:
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Big juicy stuff coming soon to the blog

For now, I present a recent expedition to Colorado

Colorado Trip Report
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Post by mindwaave »

SubLunar wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:34 amFor now, I present a recent expedition to Colorado
Colorado Trip Report
Nice shots!!
Preservation over plunder.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

New post up:

The Jail House

NOTE:

This is NOT part of the aforementioned "big juicy stuff coming to the blog soon".

JUICE LEVEL for this post is only "MODERATE".
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Sup dudes

Got a new blog post up now:

Hospital #6

Video coming soon, too, maybe.

---
SubLunar wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:34 am Big juicy stuff coming soon to the blog
A while back I teased about some BIG JUICY STUFF coming to the blog. Please note that the above new post is not one of them.

What I have is in fact TWO juicy locations for the blog/youtube. They are, IMO, the two most incredible locations I've ever explored. But I haven't been comfortable posting them before. And I'm still a little wary of doing so. But I suppose the time is drawing near...
VolcanoRaptor
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by VolcanoRaptor »

oh my GOD that blog post was epic. When i went i must have only hit the parts that were like, NOT very interesting and fully pillaged. You got a ton of great shots of the old medical equipment, i love that you showed some of the microscope slides. Good shit my friend.
- Mon Key, Harbinger of the Homiepocalypze
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

You know, I wonder what the Jefferson used that big swan head and the peacock stand for? Cause they aren't shown in any of the historical photos you have.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

VolcanoRaptor wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:01 pm oh my GOD that blog post was epic. When i went i must have only hit the parts that were like, NOT very interesting and fully pillaged. You got a ton of great shots of the old medical equipment, i love that you showed some of the microscope slides. Good shit my friend.
Dude. Just in like the past few months this place went from "wide open but not fucked" to "basically completely fucked". Quite a few things pictured in this blog post are now completely fucked/unrecognizable, like the sweet vintage Electroencephalograph machine, the vintage X-ray machine and lots of other stuff. Dumbass tags and spraypainted shit has gone up everywhere, ceilings and walls smashed through for copper/etc. On the last trip, we ran into some drugged out fuckwads with copper pipes and shit sticking out of their backpacks in broad daylight.

It's so fucking depressing seeing a place like this go from a real hospital saving people's lives, to them just walking away and closing the doors behind them and leaving tons of equipment to just get destroyed/scrapped by fucking tweakers. There's also tons of PHI/HIPAA data left behind. It blows my mind how wasteful and careless it all is. I like exploring stuff but damn, I hate seeing stuff that could be donated/recycled get wasted/destroyed for no reason. Not to mention people's private health data just laying unsecured and strewn across the floor.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Nicotti wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:14 am You know, I wonder what the Jefferson used that big swan head and the peacock stand for? Cause they aren't shown in any of the historical photos you have.
I dug through TONS of photos looking for that specifically and didn't see either of those decorations anywhere. I even rooted through photos found on-site (there were various photo albums from the senior home time period growing mold in one of the rooms) but no vintage photos from the ballroom with the swan decor.