SubLunar's Blog

Read about other UE sites/blogs/channels/etc. Announce your website updates here!
Chubz
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: SubLunar's Blog

Post by Chubz »

SubLunar wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:12 pm Oops I did it again!

Fresh up for you to ignore is a saucy new blog post complete with helpful tips for noobs and lots of other stupid words and unnecessary text I might delete!

The Millenial Motel
really enjoyed this one. we are the one viewer of the blog :wink:
ultimate lurker
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Chubz wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:33 am
SubLunar wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:12 pm Oops I did it again!

Fresh up for you to ignore is a saucy new blog post complete with helpful tips for noobs and lots of other stupid words and unnecessary text I might delete!

The Millenial Motel
really enjoyed this one. we are the one viewer of the blog :wink:
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback!
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

First new post of 2023 is up and there's more on the way!

The Jefferson Hotel AKA The Ballroom Hotel
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

SubLunar wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:41 pm First new post of 2023 is up and there's more on the way!

I see the old parking garage is a gym now.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Nicotti wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:47 am
SubLunar wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:41 pm First new post of 2023 is up and there's more on the way!

That part used to be a police substation back in the day but the garage has continued garaging this whole time.
Chubz
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Chubz »

SubLunar wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:29 am
Nicotti wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:47 am

Yep and until recently you could still get inside from there. But they sealed that entry about a month ago.
when I worked downtown (2016-2019) i'd walk by that building twice a week looking for an easy way in. I was always afraid to go into that back area off 13th street, was that generally where previous entrances were at? with all the other nearby businesses, and at the time the previous renovation project, it seemed pretty risky snooping there especially given I was on my lunch breaks.

the only entrances i felt were possible was there on st charles street where all those boarded up windows(?) are at. i figured if i wanted to bring some power tools i could make quick work of the boards, but i was never sure what was behind the boards.
ultimate lurker
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Chubz wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:35 pm when I worked downtown (2016-2019) i'd walk by that building twice a week looking for an easy way in. I was always afraid to go into that back area off 13th street, was that generally where previous entrances were at? with all the other nearby businesses, and at the time the previous renovation project, it seemed pretty risky snooping there especially given I was on my lunch breaks.

the only entrances i felt were possible was there on st charles street where all those boarded up windows(?) are at. i figured if i wanted to bring some power tools i could make quick work of the boards, but i was never sure what was behind the boards.
As far as I know that whole courtyard never provided any means of access.

The St Charles side of things also was never viable as far as I know.

One of the ways inside had been via a metal hatch on the ground on the Locust side but that was sealed up long ago IIRC.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Yeah, the times I went there, we found the street level doors were all entry alarmed and the Tucker entrance also had IR motion detectors on the inside.

That was while the garage was still a viable entrance.

We did wonder if you could find a street hatch access though. The mech area in the basement is partially under the Tucker sidewalk.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Several new blog posts on the way.

First post up now: Rockcliffe Mansion

Yeah it's not abandoned so AkShUaLly it's not "urbex". I don't give a fork, I just like cool old stuff. The next post will also not be "urbex". I hope everyone will forgive me.
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Post by mindwaave »

SubLunar wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:25 amFirst post up now: Rockcliffe Mansion
Marvelous!!
Preservation over plunder.
showmestateofmind
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by showmestateofmind »

SubLunar wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:25 am Several new blog posts on the way.

Yeah it's not abandoned so AkShUaLly it's not "urbex". I don't give a fuck, I just like cool old stuff. The next post will also not be "urbex". I hope everyone will forgive me.
Yes, I am just as curious about the old "Available" places, too. They each need to be reviewed so we can discern.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

showmestateofmind wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:46 pm

Yeah it's not abandoned so AkShUaLly it's not "urbex". I don't give a fuck, I just like cool old stuff. The next post will also not be "urbex". I hope everyone will forgive me.
Yes, I am just as curious about the old "Available" places, too. They each need to be reviewed so we can discern.
I'm not sure I understand. What are we considering to be "available" and what are we discerning therefrom? The Rockcliffe mansion, for example, is a currently operational Bed and Breakfast. It has rooms available but is itself not available.
showmestateofmind
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by showmestateofmind »

SubLunar wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:18 pm
showmestateofmind wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:46 pm

I'm not sure I understand. What are we considering to be "available" and what are we discerning therefrom? The Rockcliffe mansion, for example, is a currently operational Bed and Breakfast. It has rooms available but is itself not available.
I guess I mean places manned by professionals, not abandoned places.

Is Rockcliffe mansion the one with the Tiffany glass, ballroom on top, and where Mark Twain gave that insanely long speech right before he passed? Old Bastard lol they told him only ten minutes because he was old as shit, and he went on for ages. I swear I have memories of a mansion like that in Hannibal, but it wasn't a BnB
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Ah, I see what you mean then.

Your description sounds correct, Mark Twain gave a speech on the stairs here, etc. Not sure I'd say there was a ballroom on top though. There is an entertainment room with pool table and stuff on an upper floor.

Not sure how long it's been a B&B but I know it's been open for tours for a long time. It's a cool ass place despite being the luxurious home of a daddy's money rich kid. Mansions/residential/pedestrian type stuff isn't normally my thing, but I gotta give this place credit for featuring awesome architecture and craftsmanship throughout. Notice I didn't dedicate much time to writing about the former owner or his personal life.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

New post is up and there's more to come.

This is another location that is not abandoned but is entirely awesome and definitely blog-worthy.

The Morrison Observatory