SubLunar's Blog

Read about other UE sites/blogs/channels/etc. Announce your website updates here!
Chubz
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: SubLunar's Blog

Post by Chubz »

Great posts as always sub. Waiting patiently for the juicy release :wink:
ultimate lurker
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Just uploaded the video from my Colorado trip this summer: Exploring Bonanza and Rawley Mines in Colorado
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

It's been increasingly obvious lately, but since some fools went and locked themselves inside and caused yet another news story to be published, I see no reason to continue sitting on my footage or obfuscating the name of the Jail House.

Also, some other clowns already put it on blast by name/location/etc months ago, making it easily googled to find the location, which is probably what led to the aforementioned morons finding out about it and locking themselves inside.

Anyway, I just uploaded the video for the Jail House, AKA the Workhouse and updated pictures on the blog to include the more identifying features which I had left out previously. Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZs5UitvNAE
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Post by mindwaave »

xD
🍻
Preservation over plunder.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

New blog post up now:

The Gas Station

SubLunar wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:34 am Big juicy stuff coming soon to the blog
Please note that the juice level of the above post is actually less than zero. I repeat: Juice level for The Gas Station is a negative number.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Not a new blog post, just an update.

The blog now loads better on both desktop and mobile. I've finally worked out the last of the annoying difficult HTML/CSS issues that were still going on. On desktop the images now load full-size. On mobile, things just work a little better overall. I'm also migrating everything from jpg to webp, which helps substantially with loading times, but it'll be a while before that's all done.

I've also updated two of my oldest/most favorite blog posts/trips ever. Updated history and added the best available historical images of the locations mentioned. I'll probably still re-edit/arrange a few of the photos on these posts but nobody will really notice and I'll get around to it later. The hard part is done.

San Francisco

and

Alcatraz

That trip was probably the best ~24 hours of my exploring career (until I got that horrible rash). I covered so much territory in such a little amount of time not the least of which was successfully exploring Alcatraz off-limits areas without getting busted. SO MUCH FUN.

Those two posts have been fucked up for years. Due to technical reasons I had all kinds of broken links/photobucket and stuff going on. Getting that all straightened out was a lot of work, even after half-ass doing it once already like 10 years ago.
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Post by mindwaave »

Amazingly fascinating posts, señor.

Fuck poison ivy!
Preservation over plunder.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

I wasn't going to bring it up again, but I've just FINALLY **properly** completely re-edited/re-arranged/updated the Alcatraz post (<-- click for link).

When I made the previous announcement, I wasn't planning on doing all this, but I decided that while I'm doing some of it, I'd be stupid not to just do the whole damn thing.

The thing about my Alcatraz trip and its subsequent post was that it happened back when digital cameras still kinda sucked. And I didn't bring a tripod. AND there were herds of tourists EVERYWHERE so you couldn't get a shot without 20 fucking people in it. I took like 1300 pictures that day running around like crazy shooting everything possible and once I went to review my work, it seemed like every picture was frustratingly blurry, terribly under-exposed and impossible to correct with editing. I already went back and edited the shots as good as I could do about 10 years ago, but I did a shit job so the pictures still kinda sucked. In my defense, it's a LOT of work and they were all shot randomly not in any kind of sequence as I ran around like crazy that day.

SO ANYWAY. I have FINALLY given each individual photo the proper attention and corrected them as well as could be done within the limits of underexposed/grainy 10 megapixel JPGs with no RAW files to fall back on. And I would say compared to what it was, I've pulled off a fucking miracle. After ~14 years I can now say I'm proud of my Alcatraz post which can now comfortalbly sit among my best work.

-

ALSO

NEW POST UP:

The Train Station

NOTE: This is part 2 of 4 in a series of loosely related locations which will culminate in the JUICIEST LOCATION EVER.

STAY TUNED!!
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

THE JUICE LEVEL IS RISING

But... this one here is just a bonus. This post is not related to the 4-part series of loosely related blog posts I had previously discussed.

I had #3 out of 4 all primed and ready to post today, but then I got word that it'd be safe to post this one now. So consider this one a BONUS. Cause I'm squeezing it in now before the JUICE is set loose.

We will return to the scheduled 4-part series of loosely related blog posts soon. And once I get to #4, you will see the JUICIEST and definitely one of, if not THE MOST INCREDIBLE locations I've ever explored.

Yes, this sounds like cheesy clickbait. But seriously. Post #4 is kind of... fucking insane. You'll see. And hopefully, coming from me, an asshole who's been exploring pretty non-stop/hardcore for like a couple decades now, that means something. Either way, like I said.

You'll see.

ANYWAY

Click here for the >> Newspaper Factory<<. Video coming soon.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

We now return to regularly scheduled blog programming with

>> The Fire Station <<

Which is part 3 of 4 in the series of loosely related blog posts.

Part 1 was the Gas Station
Part 2 was the Train Station
Part 3 is the Train Station
Part 4...... is the juciest location ever. Coming up next.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

SubLunar wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:16 pm Part 2 was the Train Station
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Nicotti wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:52 pm
SubLunar wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:16 pm Part 2 was the Train Station
lol woops. Part 3 is the Fire Station
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Sniff... sniff... Do you smell that?

Like a thick must? A moist stench wafting through the air?

Is it.. ..could it be?

That's right: THE JUICENING IS UPON US

Well, almost.

TOMORROW on 4/20/24 the JUICIEST LOCATION EVER will be found at the greatest blog ever, whose URL you know and love: https://sublunarphotography.blogspot.com/

-

Why not wait until tomorrow to make this announcement? I'm a busy guy. The blog post is scheduled to automatically publish at 4:20am. And please excuse the click-baity semi-obnoxious nonsense which has preceeded this blog post. Sometimes even the most handsome and chiseled specimens of cool stoicism get bored and need to change things up a bit.
Chubz
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Chubz »

SubLunar wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:46 am Sniff... sniff... Do you smell that?

Like a thick must? A moist stench wafting through the air?

Is it.. ..could it be?

That's right: THE JUICENING IS UPON US

Well, almost.

TOMORROW on 4/20/24 the JUICIEST LOCATION EVER will be found at the greatest blog ever, whose URL you know and love: https://sublunarphotography.blogspot.com/

-

Why not wait until tomorrow to make this announcement? I'm a busy guy. The blog post is scheduled to automatically publish at 4:20am. And please excuse the click-baity semi-obnoxious nonsense which has preceeded this blog post. Sometimes even the most handsome and chiseled specimens of cool stoicism get bored and need to change things up a bit.
the hype was real, this is wild
ultimate lurker
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Chubz wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:19 pm the hype was real, this is wild
I'm glad to hear that haha!

thank you