Sertile's Blog - Big Stuff in Joplin

Read about other UE sites/blogs/channels/etc. Announce your website updates here!
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Sertile's Blog - Big Stuff in Joplin

Post by Sertile »

Howdy y'all. I just jetted down to Joplin for the weekend, and thought I'd check out the Webb City Praying Hands, along with whatever else I could find along the way. I don't go to Joplin very often, so I don't really know my way around down there like some of you might. It's not really "urban exploration," so much as just wanting to go take pictures of something goofy. I did get inside [the hands], though!

The link is in my profile, but here it is anyway: http://www.undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/

PS: I also added a picture of my own bad self to my first blog entry, just to spice things up a little.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
dawgchain
The Pumkin King
The Pumkin King

RE: Sertile's Blog - Big Stuff in Joplin

Post by dawgchain »

Should have given Mindscape a call, he'd have showed you everything there is to see in joplin, and then after that, there would still be about 23 1/2 hours left in the day to go back and do it again.
----------This space for rent----------
Mindscape
The Leprechaun
The Leprechaun

Post by Mindscape »

There may be shit to do in Joplin as far as anything interesting that doesn't involve old, abandoned buildings, but there are tons of great abandoned buildings down here. I showed Willard a couple of them while he was down here last.
"I'm going deeper underground.
There's too much panic in this town."
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Re: Sertile

Post by Sertile »

Well, I really just went there to do some shopping and check out the hands. I have a thing for goofy roadside attractions, and I've been all over MO looking for stuff like Stubby Stonehenge and the Elvis is Alive! Museum, so don't be surprised to see more of them in my blog. The bigger and dumber they are, the better!

But if anyone wants to actually go exploring in Joplin sometime, that's cool too. I hardly ever go there, and I really don't know where any of good stuff is, though I did notice a few buildings downtown that looked abandoned.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
Mindscape
The Leprechaun
The Leprechaun

Post by Mindscape »

If by "a few" you mean "holy assloads," then yeah, there are a few abandoned buildings downtown. There are several that have piqued my interest in particular. If you want, PM me and I can give you locations and directions to them, in case you happen to be down this way again.
"I'm going deeper underground.
There's too much panic in this town."
KansasCity
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

Post by KansasCity »

Will there be a car accident blog coming soon?
I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition is to eat, drink, and be Mary.

Aka Gringo Loco on KcUrbex.org and UER
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

I'm not sure if the accident is really deserving of a blog entry. My thread in Other pretty much covers it, but I am working on something new. I've just gotten behind on account of moving and going on vacation and breaking my neck and all.