New toy!!

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below
ze_beeved
Resident Mechanical God
Resident Mechanical God

New toy!!

Post by ze_beeved »

Just bought a Cyclops 15 million candle power spot light off of ebay for 33 bucks plus shipping! Can't wait to get this thing in the mail and play with it. And I thought my brother's 3.5 million candle power light was strong. :D

Here's a pic from a different auction but it's the same light:
I don't know where to start.....
gothstone
Beata Morte Perpetuum
Beata Morte Perpetuum

RE: New toy!!

Post by gothstone »

Here's a nice tip for ya. Old UPS's like the APC 280 and most security lights use the same battery. Thats how I got all the spares for mine. You will get about an hour on high beam and about 45 min on low, so you will want to find some.
2 + 2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2
ze_beeved
Resident Mechanical God
Resident Mechanical God

Post by ze_beeved »

What's a UPS? Also, I've heard that people put different bulbs and such into these. Where can I find info about that? Thetrio was telling me there was a site dedicated to just flashlight modification.
bluecookies
Buckeye
Buckeye

Post by bluecookies »

very nice! my dad has an old one that he's had forever, but its only a couple hundred thousand candle power, but that was a lot back then. I was looking at some that were 2 or 3 million. I didn't even know they had 15! The only bad thing is that its kinda big to lug around and battery life usually isn't the greatest.
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Not to rain on your parade, but I'm pretty sure I saw one of those at Bass Pro. $33 is good, but isn't shipping going to kill you for something that heavy?
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
KansasCity
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

Re: RE: New toy!!

Post by KansasCity »

gothstone wrote:You will get about an hour on high beam and about 45 min on low, so you will want to find some.
Psst, you said that backwards...

Ok, and I has something real to add here, but it's only taken me 30 seconds to forget what. Damn this brain.

I'm thinking and still can't remember, this has been happening to me a lot lately and is really making me mad.
:evil:

Edit:
Ok, I remembered, it was stupid. I was going to say the topic sounded dirty. Good thing I gave my self an anerisim remembering something so important....
ze_beeved
Resident Mechanical God
Resident Mechanical God

Post by ze_beeved »

lol :wink:
bluecookies
Buckeye
Buckeye

Post by bluecookies »

Sertile wrote:Not to rain on your parade, but I'm pretty sure I saw one of those at Bass Pro. $33 is good, but isn't shipping going to kill you for something that heavy?
yeah I looked at that same one on ebay and the person selling it was charging like 20 bucks for shipping or something.
bluecookies
Buckeye
Buckeye

Post by bluecookies »

oh, and do you remember how much it was at Bass Pro?
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Yeah... I was kind of bummed when I heard you could get 15 million CP ones now. I thought my 10 million CP was about as bright as you could get without rigging up your own :P
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

oh, and do you remember how much it was at Bass Pro?
No sir, I do not. But I'm sure it was at least $40, if not more.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
KansasCity
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

Post by KansasCity »

I got mine at Sam's club for $24 plus $2 for tax. Costco has them too for the same price. At Sam's they're a seasonal item so they may still not have them. Don't know about Costco though.
bluecookies
Buckeye
Buckeye

Post by bluecookies »

KansasCity wrote:I got mine at Sam's club for $24 plus $2 for tax. Costco has them too for the same price. At Sam's they're a seasonal item so they may still not have them. Don't know about Costco though.
About 3 weeks ago they had 2 of them at Sams. One was 2 million, the other 3 million candle power.
Hiccup
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Hiccup »

or you can just do what i do and buy millions of candles and strap em all together and light em up
Grey
Drunk #3
Drunk #3

Post by Grey »

That's what I did...(my mom wasn't to happy when I placed them on the cake though)