What is "Going too far?"

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below
bluecookies
Buckeye
Buckeye

RE: What is "Going too far?"

Post by bluecookies »

I didn't know we (UO) had those stickers... you could start an online store with those... ehhhhh better not
ShadowBearer
Stubbles
Stubbles

Post by ShadowBearer »

What about leaving little notes that are only UV reactive?
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Re: RE: What is "Going too far?"

Post by Willard »

bluecookies wrote:I didn't know we (UO) had those stickers... you could start an online store with those... ehhhhh better not
Actually I got mine from White Rabbit one time when we were out exploring. He just asked me if I wanted a few and I said sure! He'll probably send you some if you want, just ask.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Yeah... I'm pretty much opposed to tagging, and I don't do it. Unless stickers count, which I don't really think they do since you can remove it in about two seconds.

I have to admit, though, I've been thinking about making an UO stencil. You know those stencils you spraypaint and see on the sides of buildings now? I'm totally opposed to spraypainting places, especially abandoned buildings and anything else historic like that. But I thought it might be acceptable for drains for a couple reasons. One, graffiti has never bothered me in drains for lots of a different reasons. Second, the UO stickers just will not stay put in a drain for very long. And I'd really like people who explore the drains to know that we're out there.

I wouldn't mind some opinions on this one.
Actually I got mine from White Rabbit one time when we were out exploring. He just asked me if I wanted a few and I said sure! He'll probably send you some if you want, just ask.
Yeah, I've gotta get some more made, though. I'm down to just a handful.
Grey
Drunk #3
Drunk #3

Post by Grey »

I want a sticker.
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by piplnr65656 »

gimpface wrote:
Sertile wrote:I wouldn't consider anyone who tags to be a true Urban Explorer.
Not even if it's a harmless little thing like this:

As far as I'm concerned this is tagging, but whoever put it there is likely a "true" urban explorer, if there is such a thing.
You guys have stickers!!! wow we never had no stinkin stickers. We always tryed to make it look like we were never there. Kind of like out of sight out of mind. Leaving a mark of anykind like tagging is not urban exploration, that turnes it into a conquwest
ShadowBearer
Stubbles
Stubbles

Post by ShadowBearer »

There is a sticker laying towards the top of the hell's church. It make sense to leave stickers in places where UErs go.
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

I don't exactly know WR's motivation for making them, but I *think* the stickers are meant more for advertising. It's less of a "we were here" and more of a "since you made it here, drop us a line." I don't know if it's ever really worked that way, though.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Well, I guess technically putting a sticker up is tagging, but I don't feel like there's anything wrong with it. It's more littering than tagging, anyway, since the stickers peel right off.

And yeah, it's like Sertile said. The stickers are so that people who go to the places we do will know that there are others out there like them. There's been lots of people find this site through the stickers, actually.
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by piplnr65656 »

I like the sticker idea but the only bad thing I can think of is we used to sneek into a lot of places like the power plants and into a few of the dams and if you stick a sticker in those places they are going to beef up security and then it will be a lot harder to sneek in. But then again I always liked a challenge.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Yeah, there's a lot of places I don't leave them. Sometimes it's not worth the headache.
dawgchain
The Pumkin King
The Pumkin King

Post by dawgchain »

#1 rule of everything in life.

if it harms none, so mote it be {golden rule of Wicca}
I personally am Baptist, but I still follow that rule.
(Translation)
Damage nothing, not personal property, personnel, or property. No matter whose!

Stickers don't damage anything, but use common sense on where to plaster them.

I was always raised with the main rule of "leave it better then you found it"

Tagging is damage,
Stickers aren’t.
Forcing anything is damage,
Climbing through a window isn't.
A new lock prevents others,
A new ladder doesn't.

Conquistadors looked to see what they could take.
Explorers take a look at what they could see.
Conquistadors pretended to be gods,
Explorers learned of new ones.
Conquistadors fell to their enemies,
Explorers fell being mistaken for Conquistadors.

I explore new places and conquer new video games.
----------This space for rent----------
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

bluecookies wrote:I didn't know we (UO) had those stickers... you could start an online store with those... ehhhhh better not
Oh, I forgot about this. When I actually first re-opened the site (after it was closed for a bit due to legal problems), I had a cafepress store section on here. It had stickers and t-shirts, but no one bought a damn thing for so long that I took it down and put the blog in it's place.

I might do the store thing again someday, though, since we actually have enough people that might want something.
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

Post by whipping_post »

I admit that in my younger, much dumber days, that I tagged, destroyed and generally did the sort of things that I now am highly against. If I do any "tagging", it's generally with a piece of chalk to mark where I'm at in case I get a bit lost. Of course I carry a GPS now but that's beside the point.

And sign me up for the bumper sticker.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign.
dawgchain
The Pumkin King
The Pumkin King

Post by dawgchain »

Sticker my bumper please!
----------This space for rent----------