Most Haunted

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below
memory_machine
Resident Douchebag
Resident Douchebag

Re: RE: Most Haunted

Post by memory_machine »

Hiccup wrote:
Sertile wrote:I heard somehwere that the most haunted town in america was Alton, IL.
what is it that's supposed to make it the most haunted town in america?
Apparently Alton has more ghosts per square mile than any other city in the country. Granted, it's not an extremely large city, but that's all the more interesting. There are a lot of old, supposedly haunted buildings. Alot of national ghost hunting groups have their annual conferences there every year, and the ghost walks they have around halloween time are supposed to be unbelieveable. I'd really like to go this year, and I hear you have to book super early.
idontlikespam
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Most Haunted

Post by idontlikespam »

http://www.prairieghosts.com/

This is the man that conducts the tours of Alton and has written somewhere around 35 books on ghost stuff. His name is Troy Taylor and he is a friend of mine, He is a fabulous speaker and a great story teller. We did an investigation at the Eastern State Penitentiary for the Learning Channel a couple of years ago with him. He is also the president of the American Ghost Society, which is the group that has its conference in Alton every year. Check out his site - he is a wealth of information. He also does excursions all over the place so he may come somewhere near you. If you subscribe to the newsletter, it will keep you updated on all of his upcoming tours and stuff.
ShadowBearer
Stubbles
Stubbles

Post by ShadowBearer »

That is a pretty awesome site.
Grey
Drunk #3
Drunk #3

Post by Grey »

Very cool, thanks for the info.
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by piplnr65656 »

Hiccup wrote:okay--interesting story time :D

my best friend and i went to the Winchester Mystery House in San Jose, CA one time at midnight on a friday 13th--there was an actual tour going on for that.

[url=http://www.winchestermysteryhouse.com]Cl you that the Winchester Mystery House is one of 2 legitimately registered haunted places in California,

The other registerd haunted house in California is the whally house in old town san diego. They hung a bunch of horse thieves on the location and then years later the judge built his house and the court house together on the lot. Like 3 of his kids died of accidental hangings in the house. I have been there several times but never seen anything out of the ordinary.
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

piplnr65656 wrote: Like 3 of his kids died of accidental hangings in the house.
Uhhh... how do you accidently hang yourself? Start playing around with that weird noose haning from the ceiling while standing on a chair and wrap it around your neck to save yourself from falling off the chair? :?
Anne has left the building.
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by piplnr65656 »

Hiccup wrote:
Sertile wrote:I heard somehwere that the most haunted town in america was Alton, IL.
I was always told that idaho springs colorado was one of the most haunted places in the USA. My parents lived there way before I was born and they both have told me that it is a freeky little town.
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by piplnr65656 »

Anne wrote:
Uhhh... how do you accidently hang yourself? Start playing around with that weird noose haning from the ceiling while standing on a chair and wrap it around your neck to save yourself from falling off the chair? :?
One of the girls was running threw the yard and somehow got tangeld up in the cloths line and died. Another fell of the side of the staircase some how and his shirt snaged on something and it choked him to death. I do not remember how the 3rd one died but it was some kind of hanging. It was something to do with him playing in the hangmans tree and he fell out and somehow hung himself and died. I will ask my sister if she remembers the story.
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

K that makes more sense, but was is from asphyxiation or did their neck really snap?
http://www.thezephyr.com/deadlyclimax.htm
Anne has left the building.
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by piplnr65656 »

I don't know the sign did not say I would have to go with asphyxiation the a clean snap.
My sister did not remember any more details other than someone else was killed in an accidental shooting in the house.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

piplnr65656 wrote:
Anne wrote:
One of the girls was running threw the yard and somehow got tangeld up in the cloths line and died. Another fell of the side of the staircase some how and his shirt snaged on something and it choked him to death. I do not remember how the 3rd one died but it was some kind of hanging. It was something to do with him playing in the hangmans tree and he fell out and somehow hung himself and died. I will ask my sister if she remembers the story.
I remember hearing about this house... kinda creepy! The part I remember most was about the little girl.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by piplnr65656 »

It is a feeky ass old house. In the old court room They have a display with a bunch of pictures (maby 50) from were tourist have taken pictures and had weired ghost looking things in them. Some are very freeky and they are from all over the house. Not like if you stand in one spot just right at a certin time of day the sun reflects off of something and makes a ghost image which is what a lot of ghost sighings turn out to be.
Hiccup
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Hiccup »

piplnr65656 wrote:In the old court room They have a display with a bunch of pictures (maby 50) from were tourist have taken pictures and had weired ghost looking things in them.
oh, okay, i was about to ask you what "proof" there was that made it able to be a registered haunted house--the pictures i guess, cause thats the "proof" they had to register the winchester mystery house. im very skeptical about ghosts and unexplained things, but they're still fun amusing little stories.

and thank you for that information about that house being the other registered haunted place in cali, cause i always kinda wondered about that.
Hiccup
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Hiccup »

uh, Anne, dont tell WR about the better orgasm by strangulation thing--he doesnt need any more excuses to strangle me :oops:
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

piplnr65656 wrote:I don't know the sign did not say I would have to go with asphyxiation the a clean snap.
My sister did not remember any more details other than someone else was killed in an accidental shooting in the house.
Eh, I'd say it was more likely due to stimulating the vagus nerve. There are many ways to do this, and kids are more susceptible to this than adults. What happens is the Vagus is stimulated (many different ways to do this including carotid massage, putting things down the throat, pressing on the eyes, taking a crap, etc.) and causes bradycardia (Very Slow heart rate). Left uncorrected, it can and will kill somebody.

Incidentally, this is why old people die on the toilet, as opposed to the commonly held belief that straining too hard causes a "blow out" and massive coronary. It actually causes bradycardia with the associated sudden drop in blood pressure. If it the mean arterial pressure drops below the level required to perfuse the brain and heart, guess what happens? (If you guessed "ninjas will kill them" you're only half right. They die, dumbass.)

So that's what I'd guess happened.
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!