Most Haunted

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below
speelunker
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: RE: Most Haunted

Post by speelunker »

Sertile wrote:I heard somehwere that the most haunted town in america was Alton, IL. Now, I'm pretty sure that's not accurate, but it is fairly haunted, from what I understand. I'm just mentioning it because it's right outside St. Louis, and an interesting place regardless.
Hi new member here. Cool site! Alton is supposed to have several haunted places. It definitely has a haunted feel. There are also several underground places worth visiting. Has anyone ventured into the quarry caves?
JBSlarti
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Most Haunted

Post by JBSlarti »

Atchison, Kan. is the home of "Sallie," the physically violent ghost that was featured several times on the old "Sightings" television show. She supposedly haunts this little rental house, which to me just looks like an ordinary little rental house -- yep, I've driven by. Yep, it's also occupied. The man that used to live there used to be scratched by the ghost and the "Sightings" crew caught these scratches appearing and starting to bleed. 'Twas freaky.

The city also runs a ghost tour in September and October on trolleys. It's booked weeks in advance and is apparently the city's biggest attraction aside from Amelia Earhardt. There are lots of other stories about Atchison that at the moment I can't remember. The city was actually featured on a Travel Channel show called "Haunted Town."

That BBC show is funny… I prefer "Ghost Hunters" on the Sci Fi Channel for real ghost hunting, but you can't beat that flakey psychic and his conversations with his spirit guide and melodramatic possessions.
Hiccup
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Hiccup »

JBSlarti wrote:The man that used to live there used to be scratched by the ghost and the "Sightings" crew caught these scratches appearing and starting to bleed. 'Twas freaky.
thats awesome
yeah, that would be a tad freaky, i imagine.
DeeDee
Mrs. Willard
Mrs. Willard

Post by DeeDee »

Ive seen ghost hunters that is an awsome show.
It's your mom and I helped!!!!
Underdog
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS

Post by Underdog »

Hiccup wrote:
Sertile wrote:I heard somehwere that the most haunted town in america was Alton, IL.
what is it that's supposed to make it the most haunted town in america?
the ghosts...duh.
"I'm federal agent Jack Bauer, and today is the longest day of my life." -Jack Bauer
Hiccup
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Hiccup »

Underdog wrote:the ghosts...duh.
that is IT underwanker!
ive had enough of your SHIT!
be ready for a hurtin' next time i see you
Underdog
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS

Post by Underdog »

Hiccup wrote:
Underdog wrote:the ghosts...duh.
that is IT underwanker!
ive had enough of your SHIT!
be ready for a hurtin' next time i see you
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
"I'm federal agent Jack Bauer, and today is the longest day of my life." -Jack Bauer
Hiccup
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Hiccup »

okay--interesting story time :D

my best friend and i went to the Winchester Mystery House in San Jose, CA one time at midnight on a friday 13th--there was an actual tour going on for that.

Click me!

The Winchester Mystery House was the handiwork of the widow of the man that patented the winchester rifle, therefore, obviously, a lot of money was involved.
Apparently, this widow (Sarah) was told by her spiritual advisor that in order to appease the spirits of all those killed by winchester rifles, she had to continuously build onto her house until she died . . . which is exactly what she did.
One of the many rooms we got to tour was the room Sarah specifically used for her sessions with her spiritual advisor. Those were the only people ever allowed to be in that room when she was alive, although there were 3 doors--one normal one, which she always kept locked, one that you could only leave out of but not enter through, and one that, if you walked through, you would unfortunately discover an unpleasant drop to the floor beneath you (into a kitchen, if i remember correctly)
well, the tour left the room, except for me, my best friend, and our tour guide, because my friend wanted to take a picture of him in that room, so she did just that. once we all left the room, our tour guide proceeded to tell the tour group that the Winchester Mystery House is one of 2 legitimately registered haunted places in California, and the reason for that being that once, on a tour they were having at midnight on Halloween, someone had taken a picture of the tour guide in the room we had just left, in the same manner we had just done it, and when they got the picture developed, Sarah Winchester appeared in the photograph next to the tour guide! (some kind of proof is required to actually be registered as haunted)
my friend and i nearly wet ourselves. (we didnt know about that ghost picture story--it was a total coincidence) sorry to say, however, that there was nothing unusual about our photographs.
anyway, i friggin love talking about the Winchester Mystery House, because it's totally interesting, and i like telling the little story i just told, because i think it's kinda cool.
DeeDee
Mrs. Willard
Mrs. Willard

Post by DeeDee »

That is one of the places on my list that i want to go to before i die.
It's your mom and I helped!!!!
Barracuda
Saucy
Saucy

Post by Barracuda »

I never knew you went there.
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

DeeDee wrote:That is one of the places on my list that i want to go to before i die.
That's where I want to go when I die. I'll be one of the confused, shot dead spirits wondering for all eternity why the stairs go into the ceiling and the damn door won't open (since ghosts can only go through open doors, of course). Either that or hell. Hell is full of PIRATES!!!!! :twisted:
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
Hiccup
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Hiccup »

Barracuda wrote:I never knew you went there.
really?? that surprises me
well, uh, sorry about that
me and you should go someday
its fascinating.
Mindscape
The Leprechaun
The Leprechaun

Post by Mindscape »

DeeDee wrote:That is one of the places on my list that i want to go to before i die.
Why not go after? It's haunted, after all, so you could surely go after you die.
"I'm going deeper underground.
There's too much panic in this town."
Hiccup
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Hiccup »

i just had a great idea
someone needs to figure out a way for us to get paid for our posts or something so we can ALL quit our jobs and still have money
AND FREE TIME
to go on amazing trips and see cool shit, such as the winchester mystery house
God, that would be nice--
we should all play the lottery til someone wins!
we could pool our money and buy, like, tons of lottery tickets, and when we win, it'll go towards bitchin road trips
:D
anyone got a counterfeit machine?
damn, i wish i had free money!
Barracuda
Saucy
Saucy

Post by Barracuda »

I can't afford lottery tickets...apparently I'm taking everybody to the movies. :roll: