Ninjalicious of Infilration has passed away

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Ninjalicious of Infilration has passed away

Post by Anne »

http://www.uer.ca/

Edit by WR: Changed the title
Anne has left the building.
Hiccup
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: A death?

Post by Hiccup »

from cancer--
holy crap, that stuff scares me
Underdog
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS

Re: RE: A death?

Post by Underdog »

Hiccup wrote:from cancer--
holy crap, that stuff scares me
Yeah, my mom had it when I was about 10 and they gave her a 30% chance of living because it had spread to her lymphnodes. She's alive and well to this day. Let me tell you that fu*** at kid up when he's raised by a single parent who gets cancer.
"I'm federal agent Jack Bauer, and today is the longest day of my life." -Jack Bauer
Cake_Pan
Lush
Lush

RE: A death?

Post by Cake_Pan »

My dad died of brain cancer when I was 8. I had to watch him die slowly.. Its strange watching someone die....Even though I was young.. i still understood
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

RE: Ninjalicious of Infilration has passed away

Post by White Rabbit »

I just found out about this. It really makes me sad. I had more conversations with Ninj than I can remember. I've always been into exploring, but Infiltration and Ninj were the reason I started this website. I even purposely modeled the original designs of the site after his as an homage. I wanted to be the Infiltration of the Midwest.

Some people get a really unlucky draw in life, and Ninj absolutely got one, but he never once seemed down about it when he spoke of it. He told me about his illnesses back when nobody knew about it, and that meant a lot to me that he trusted me enough to tell me about it.

He was almost 32 when he passed away, and he's been in poor health since he was 20 years old and developed a rare disease. When he was 27, he got a liver transplant and was somewhat better for a few years. But, it turned out that the bile ducts that came with his new liver had cancer in them which couldn't be removed and the doctors gave him just a few months to live. Talk about the fucking luck.

Here's a good quote from Ninj, from one of the last times I talked to him:
Ninjalicious wrote:I'm not just spouting mindless positivity when I talk about my optimistic attitude, though. I really do feel like this will work out, one way or the other, and I really do feel lucky when I wake up each morning. Being deeply in love helps a lot, and I don't know anyone more deeply in love than Liz and I. Sorry for the mushiness, but I've got to be honest about what keeps me going.)
Hiccup
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: RE: Ninjalicious of Infilration has passed away

Post by Hiccup »

Ninjalicious wrote:I'm not just spouting mindless positivity when I talk about my optimistic attitude, though. I really do feel like this will work out, one way or the other, and I really do feel lucky when I wake up each morning. Being deeply in love helps a lot, and I don't know anyone more deeply in love than Liz and I. Sorry for the mushiness, but I've got to be honest about what keeps me going.)
wow, really makes you contemplate stuff.
it really does.
puts life in a different perspective.
and its scary

ive been sitting here for a long time and i cant think of anything to say
except that im depressed and i wish i were more eloquent in times like these

Rest in peace, ninjalicious
and i wish the best for your love, Liz, who im sure is feeling this loss most of all.
thetrio
Whiskey Tango
Whiskey Tango

Post by thetrio »

I never really knew the guy, but I saw his posts alot on UER. Sucks for someone to be that young and have to go. And at the same time to think that I am only 5 years younger than that. Is there anyway that we could get some kind of donation to his family, or made in his name to the cancer society from all of us at UO? just wondering.

RIP Ninj. :(
I went over to the dark side, but just to pick up a few things.
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

Post by David Keetz »

damn

but....

he's heading into the ultimate exploration trip now.
And i mean that in the most sobering sense. I'm really glad for everything he contributed....inspiring kids to get off their arse and go do something.
I think something clever is supposed to go right here.