Who else has been shot at while exploring?

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below
ShadowBearer
Stubbles
Stubbles

RE: Who else has been shot at while exploring?

Post by ShadowBearer »

Also, I find apologizing profusely works pretty damn well.
Grey
Drunk #3
Drunk #3

Re: RE: Who else has been shot at while exploring?

Post by Grey »

gimpface wrote:Would that happen to have been the awesome cliff below point lookout? I think that used to be a quarry. During a scout camping thing, myself and a bunch of other trouble makers headed straight the that area (well, after we changed all the library screensavers to obscene phrases and p-word protected them). Spent all day going up and down the cliff untill we got yelled at. Fun little climb. I still go trespassing on C of O. They've got a few trails that are awesome for four wheeling.
I remember that outing. We had alot of good times in Scout outings. You'd better remember to call next outing out to C of O though.
shadowbearer wrote:Well, can you blame him? If anything I would fault him for bad aim. You do look very dangerous.
I will second that shadowbearer.
dawgchain
The Pumkin King
The Pumkin King

Post by dawgchain »

I've had guns pulled on me several times; rednecks, wannabe gangs, and cops alike... I am just that likeable :twisted:

I’ve been actually shot at twice.
Both times in Lebanon.

First one was by a dumb redneck (my uncle). I stayed with him every summer when I was growing up. Well one summer it was a decently wet night and I decided i wanted to go fishing after sundown. I told my aunt and uncle, and he let me borrow one of his better poles. So I strolled down to his pond down hill form the house. After about an hour i see the porch light come on and hear him cussing at someone.He had been drinking and forgot that i was down there, so whn he saw the light of my lamp he thought someone was tresspassing. I heard him yell “Ba****ds in my F***king water! Get Offa my land!!!� Then I saw a muzzle flash and heard a gun shot. About ten feet to my right a tree lost some bark. I did the sensible thing for any 10 yr old to do… I screamed and ran to the other side of the bank and ducked down yelling for my aunt to do something. No shame here, I cried….a lot. Well after he got down there the drunken idiot asked me if I saw where the guy who was just down here fishing his pond went.

Second time was a little more recent and totally different circumstances. I was staying with my not so redneck uncle on the other side of Lebanon. I was jogging around the rather large block he lived on. Well on the third night, after circling twice I passed a house that had a bunch of late teens girls on the porch hanging out. After I passed I looked back and saw them flag down this large old blazer. Thinking nothing about it I continued my jog. Fourth time by now, the Blazer is still in the middle of the road and the two guys were on the back bumper watching me. As I got closer, they stepped away from the SUV and one got in front of me and the second behind me. Apparently the girls misunderstood my jog as a form of stalking. Well these wise and noble defenders of young maidens thought to defend their new-found fan-club. The front one had a snub nosed revolver and started telling m how he had shot men for less and I was gonna disappear for good. I tried to explain myself and he shoved the gun in my … well my groin. Well some fast thinking on my part made me speak up and point out that at that range if he shot me it would go through and get his friend. Having heard this his friend then moved around to the front and punched the first guy in the arm and told him he was a dumb *ss. I took this moment to dark behind the SUV and run for it. He lept after me and started firing. After six shoots and several expletives he got in his truck and came after me. Big mistake! I lept over the fence into my uncle Jeffs yard and Kicked open the cage door beside the front porch.

Back ground time! My uncle Jeff has a dream of someday opening a zoo in Lebanon. He owns or has owned more animals then the pet store they call the Dickerson Park Zoo. As a matter of fact, the large snake that always adorned the big glass case in the front of the old snake house….. Her name is Lisa, he named her after an ex. Five years later he sold her to them because she was getting to big and his current g/f hated snakes.

Anyways, As the redneck jumped out of his blazer, the little kitten that has a large cage and 8X8ft shed for a home came out and started to try and get me to pet her. I guess a 2 yr old tiger does wonders for enhancing rednecks moods, he was apologizing and backing up quickly to his blazer. Well my uncle was pissed I let Sorsha and gotten my self into trouble but he got over it fast.
----------This space for rent----------
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

You know, I bitch about getting shot at, but it just occurred to me that I have no right; I nearly shot my dad and grandpa on my first hunting trip. It was an accident though... My dad had borrowed a Crappy old SKS for my first hunting trip, and I had the good luck to see a deer. I leveled the rifle, took aim and fired. Something broke I guess, because the next thing I know I've got a damn full-auto rifle! I did the natural thing: nearly crap myself and spray the wood with indiscriminate gunfire! Even now when I go hunting they make sure to have bigass trees between themselves and me...

And no, I didn't get the deer, so don't ask.
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Never been shot at and I hope I never do... I do own a gun but it's not much... It's just some old bolt action rifle that my great grandfather bought about 50 or 60 years ago. Hell I don't even have any bullets for it. I just keep it around in case I have to scare anyone away from my front door.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
ShadowBearer
Stubbles
Stubbles

Post by ShadowBearer »

Can you really blame them?
Maybe not illegally modifying fire arms is a good idea.
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

Post by whipping_post »

It happened to me once and even though it scared the hell out of me, I was laughing like a loon at the time. Of course we were running through a bad neighborhood yelling immigration in Spanish. Never said I was real bright when I was young.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

Never been shot at UEing however I was rabbit hunting with my dad and some guys, I figured i would dress in full camo(cause you do not want the rabbits to see you) the dogs were running and my dad was a long ways off he fired at a rabbit and somehow ended up shooting me I caught 7 pellets, in the ear, nose, toung and temple if you want real quick service at a ER just call the Highway partol and tell them you have a gunshot wound to the head, man there is no waiting then when you are getting out of the truck to go into the ER hand your pistols to your dad in frount of the officer who just asked if you know who shot you and you tell him Yea my Dad (the guy i just handed my guns to) It was a real fun time (dad was far enought away the the pellets only broke the skin and flattened on the skull but it was a bloody mess and it really stung for a long time

Try to explain that to your mom that Dad just shot me it goes over real good
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

Post by whipping_post »

I'm guessing there were some burnt body parts after your mom got done with him! I bet your dad felt really, really bad about the whole thing.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

He did but really you cant blame him, I mean how stupid can it be to dress in full camo and them go rabbit hunting, in the thick brush, you know the real strange part is that somehow he did not even know he shot me ,and he actually got the rabbit he was shotting at :shock: we did go back and look at where he was and where I was and I have to say it should not have been possable to have shot me,, but he was the only person who shot at that time ,,and I was kinda in the line of fire
I even went as far as to set up some soda bottles and try to hit them from where he shot---- 5 shots 5 missed and this is with a 12 gague shotgun and #6 shot it was just to far but i have the x-rays that say it wasn't
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

Post by David Keetz »

actually fully automatic weapons are no longer illegal
I think something clever is supposed to go right here.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Re: RE: Who else has been shot at while exploring?

Post by Willard »

David Keetz wrote:actually fully automatic weapons are no longer illegal

When did that change???

ShadowBearer
Stubbles
Stubbles

Post by ShadowBearer »

A couple years ago...gimpface was very excited.
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

Post by whipping_post »

The original law finally went out of effect a year or so ago since it was only supposed to be in effect for what, 10 years? They're trying to re-enact the law but who knows if it will indeed make it through with enough votes this time.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Oh cool! I'll have to look into getting me a Tommy Gun!