Who else has been shot at while exploring?

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

RE: Who else has been shot at while exploring?

Post by whipping_post »

Thank god I'm not the only one that wants a Thompson! The only bad thing about the Thompson is the fact that they creep up and to the right at full auto. Do small bursts if you're going to do so. Gotta thank my grandfather for that little tidbit of information.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

really the Pre ban law was from the Clinton era---and while it is true you can own a full auto it isnt like you can just go get one at a gun shop---Now i may be a little off here but I am pretty sure i am correct ,ou still need a Class 3 firarms Licenses--there are several F.B.I. background checks and now with the homeland security I am thinking somehow the C.I.A. may want to talk to you, It is kinda like the Right to carry conceled yes you can but they make it a hassle so most people wont do it, plus the classes are now over $150 and you have to pass the class to get the permit to carry.
I have fired several full autos and man it is a blast
Hey whipping-post not to disagree but a Thompson on full auto doesnt climb nearly as bad as a AK 47 or even a M-16 it is so heavy and made with that frount grip it is a lot easier to control but it will walk up on you
I guess the other big thing that keeps most people from getting full autos is the price and then trying to keep amo for it I know I have went to a range and went through several thousand rounds in a verry short periord of time if you really want something that is awesome see if you can fire a UZI I have never seen anything that fast it is like 30 rounds in less that 5 seconds and maybe even less i forget the rate of fire but it is unreal probaly to fast if you were in a real firefight
Remember Children---Guns don't kill--People Kill you got to love it
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

Post by whipping_post »

I believe you're right on the Class 3 license, at least from what I've read. Thompsons have a creeping issue that without the front handstock (the grip, not the forestock), would lead to aformentioned rising issue. My grandfather had to fire them in WWII and he remembers them creeping quite a bit. AK's, obviously, rise more since the round is of much higher velocity than the .45. I still prefer semi because of the accuracy and the cost per round. With the UZI, the price is much more reasonable because they mostly fire 9mm although some I've seen fire the .45 round.

As for being shot at, I was almost stabbed once but it was a misunderstanding. Scared the hell out of me though!
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Well if I had a Thompson, I'd go for the drum instead of the small clip! I know nothing about these guns but logically the drum would add some more weight.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
dawgchain
The Pumkin King
The Pumkin King

Post by dawgchain »

Hmmmm, lets see, a gun thats nearly 80 years ol, and willard wants one... Who woulda figured that!

lol
----------This space for rent----------
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

"And my favorite, a Tommy Gun!"

Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: RE: Who else has been shot at while exploring?

Post by Anne »

Willard wrote:"And my favorite, a Tommy Gun!"

:twisted:

First mob incident that a Tommy Gun was used in was on Frankie Yale. He had just gotten his bulletproof car. Everything was bulletproof except the windows. They were going to take it back and have it fixed when he got a call his wife was in trouble, so he rushed over alone and was chased and riddled with bullets. The hitmen were with Al Capone by the way.
Anne has left the building.
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

David Keetz wrote:actually fully automatic weapons are no longer illegal
Actually, full autos are not illegal as long as it was made before 1986 and you have the proper tax stamps, which you must get from a class III FFL holder. YOU don't need to have a class III... all you need to do is be at least 18 years old, get a letter from a local law enforcement official (usually the sheriff) stating that you're not a dirtbag, submit your fingerprints for a background check (and I'm sure they keep them on file with the ATF) and last but certainly not least you must have the considerable amount of moolah to purchase the weapon and pay the transfer tax ($200). There may be more than one transfer tax if the weapon has multiple restricted features, for example a Full Auto colt commando would have two $200 tax stamps for being full auto and extremely short, and If it had a sound suppressor (not legal in MO) there would be a $5 fee.

Willard, your Thompson would run at least ten grand, but if you're willing to settle for semi, here's one for about $1500:

http://www.impactguns.com/store/T1SB.html

Here's a full auto, but it's not a "gangster" one, it's a WWII model. It won't take drums, I seem to recall...

http://www.impactguns.com/store/product1170.html

Don't even get me started on the 1994 "crime bill" that banned certain weapons based not on what they could do, or how they are used by criminals, but rather by how they look. Really, when was they last time you've heard of a drive-by bayonetting? Fucking politician cock-whores.
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

I know the standard round for the Thompson is the 45 and it does kick butt but like stated before it can really get expensive and yes willard the drum is the way to go it holds 100 rounds of 45 which is a lot of stoping power as for the weight the gun is already so heave it probaly dont matter much there is a conversion that is kinda pricey but it converts the 45 to a .22 not nearly as deadly but it is still a blast to fire and sooo much cheaper--but then if you are a hit man for the mob moeny and ammo is really not a problem
Ok so we have Willard in his cape top hat cane spats and a Tommy Gunn steeping out of a 1950's ford somehow I can see that heck I can even see Anne sitting next to him with her own Tommy gun speaking in german---did I mention they were in frount of a bank---that was overran with cats???
whipping_post have you ever fired a M-16 in full auto? it is not as bad as the Ak but if you have a large cap mag it can come walk up a long way in a hurry
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

That's why you fire in controlled bursts. I friggin love full auto!
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

Post by whipping_post »

I've fired the M-16, or the AR-15 as it's known in civilian circles, a few times and despite the changes they've made to the design, I still prefer the AK-47/74 due to ease of use and lack of problems.

As for the Thompson, it's my belief, and I could be wrong, that you can use either the stick magazine or the drum, depending upon make of the gun. The original was multi-purpose and you could change the grips. It's also heavy as an anvil! I've seen some good prices on gunbroker for as little as $600 for an honest Thomspon.

I do enjoy the Garand as well but I'm trying to get an IMBEL at the moment.

Wow, do I have a way of derailing a thread or what?!
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

I am lucky enough to work with a Class 3 fireamrs dealer who is good at making deals (take as long as you need as long as you pay something each week) with his fellow workers (although my wife and other wifes would disagree)I have a AR-15 a Pre Ban Ak-47 a A-10 and a little 9mm carbine like the S.W.A.T uses all with lazer red dots--we go to the range with him now and then and he brings his "toys" we kick in cash for ammo and it is a great day nothing get you going like a 30 round full auto burst --I am not a big AK fan but they do lay it down and i sure would not want to be in frount of any of them
I love the smell of napalm in the morning
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

Post by whipping_post »

I prefer the AK to the M-16 because the AK can damn near take any abuse you give it, and I've given my friends AK a lot of abuse. He actually wants one of the AR-15's but the price prohibits that. I like the .223 round though, but the 7.62 has more of a punch. Never thought I'd stick up for the damn AK but the more I play with them, the more I like them for some reason.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

whipping_post wrote:I've fired the M-16, or the AR-15 as it's known in civilian circles, a few times and despite the changes they've made to the design, I still prefer the AK-47/74 due to ease of use and lack of problems.

As for the Thompson, it's my belief, and I could be wrong, that you can use either the stick magazine or the drum, depending upon make of the gun. The original was multi-purpose and you could change the grips. It's also heavy as an anvil! I've seen some good prices on gunbroker for as little as $600 for an honest Thomspon.

I do enjoy the Garand as well but I'm trying to get an IMBEL at the moment.

Wow, do I have a way of derailing a thread or what?!
That's what I had understood about the Thompson as well. It must be mainly the earlier models that had the interchangeable parts and stuff.

whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

Post by whipping_post »

Actually, some models do accept the drum magazines but most of them have the charging handle on the top, whereas the ones that accept the stick magazines have the charging handle on the side. Auto-Ordinance quotes this on their site and no, you cannot purchase the full auto version from them directly.

Though I did see one online that actually came in a violin case with the drum and ammo for $2,500. If I had the cash, I'd be really tempted to buy it.