Virgin passages

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below
CaveGirl
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

RE: Virgin passages

Post by CaveGirl »

:lol: You guys are fucked up.

I was alone so I only went around the first corner, just beyond the reaches of daylight. My mother and I are heading back to do some exploring in about half an hour. I hope I can find my camera between now and then because this sort of thing BEGS for picture taking.
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis
Location: I am everywhere and nowhere, especially in Missouri

Re: RE: Virgin passages

Post by PANIC! on the Titanic »

CaveGirl wrote: ... just beyond the reaches of daylight. My mother and I are heading back to do some exploring in about half an hour.
So what you're saying is, female/female double penetration where the sun don't shine?
CaveGirl wrote: I hope I can find my camera between now and then because this sort of thing BEGS for picture taking.
That is correct.
CaveGirl
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by CaveGirl »

It goes but it's crawling passage as far as I could see and there were a few animal skeletons and scat from a larger animal :shock: . So I pussed out and didn't go in very far. Dammit. I have a fear of getting eaten. We're going to call in some more experienced cavers to check it out with us. They can go in ahead and be the first to encounter any possible wild animals. There's another entrance where the passage is maybe stoop walking height but we ran out of time and didn't check it out.

I took pictures but I have to do some editing before I post them. Lighting and shit like that. Hopefully I'll have them ready soon.
colony
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Re: Virgin passages

Post by colony »

Don't go caving without a weapon. Get your CCW and then carry it with you. Nothing's going to help with some bear or desperate/hungry animal coming at you and you don't have anywhere to go or any real way to defend yourself.
CaveGirl
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Re: Virgin passages

Post by CaveGirl »

colony wrote:Don't go caving without a weapon. Get your CCW and then carry it with you. Nothing's going to help with some bear or desperate/hungry animal coming at you and you don't have anywhere to go or any real way to defend yourself.
I don't need a CCW to carry on my own land and I really hope you're not talking about a gun. Have you ever fired a gun in a cave? Bad idea. REALLY bad idea. I do carry a big ass knife and I know how to use it.
colony
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by colony »

Yeah I am. Good luck with that knife when a bear comes up to you and mauls you. I don't care how big that knife is; it's likely you're going to lose. Hell, even with a gun it often takes a few shots to down a bear. But then at least I got a start on it 30+ feet away.
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis

How many bears can you expect to find in missouri? There's only a couple hundred in the southern counties in summer and spring, so I don't think we have to use a damn elephant gun on a rogue grizzly or anything.

I am an avid caver myself and pretty much the biggest animal I've ever seen in one is a raccoon skeleton. Although I did see this one turd with hair and seeds in it that came in close second.
CaveGirl
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by CaveGirl »

We used to have a couple of bears in our back 160 acres but I haven't seen them or traces of them in years. They used to get in the trash when I was little but I'm pushing 30 now. The biggest animal I've ever ran into in a cave (until today) was a raccoon. My husband (CaptainFancyPants on here) and I went back to check out the caves (turns out theres 2 unless there's a connection that needs to be dug) today. We went back into the cave with the bigger entrance and we turned a corner in the crawl passage we saw a couple of pairs of glowing eyes :shock: . CaptainFancyPants said he thinks they were coyotes because there was coyote scat in the cave in that area. We're going back late Monday night to do some more exploration when they'll be out doing their hunting thing.

There's also a 14ft. deep limestone lined pit in the woods on the way to the cave. If there's a connection it definitely needs to be dug. When it rains, the pit holds water for a few days but it slowly drains out somewhere. I want to find out where. We went back in the woods to check out the pit a few weeks ago but when we went to climb down the rope we noticed a few copperheads down there. Fuck that shit.

I took more pics but I haven't uploaded them yet because I suck. I promise to post them when I get them uploaded if anyone's interested in seeing them. My husband said he may come on here after I go to work tonight and do some posting so be nice to him.
CaptainFancyPants
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by CaptainFancyPants »

colony wrote:Yeah I am. Good luck with that knife when a bear comes up to you and mauls you. I don't care how big that knife is; it's likely you're going to lose. Hell, even with a gun it often takes a few shots to down a bear. But then at least I got a start on it 30+ feet away.
Are you insane? No really, are you? You can't fire a gun in a cave, dude. The bullet will ricochet and you'll end up shooting yourself and probably miss what you were trying to hit in the first place.

This isn't Man vs. Wild, it's real life. There aren't bears around every turn waiting to make you their breakfast :roll: . We don't keep firearms in the house because we have small children and no matter how well you lock things up, little kids have a way of getting into shit. On the off chance that we did run into a bear out in the woods it probably wouldn't fuck with us anyway.

Have you ever been out to the country? Cause it really sounds like all your knowledge about it comes from TV :lol: .
CaptainFancyPants
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by CaptainFancyPants »

PANIC! on the Titanic wrote:How many bears can you expect to find in missouri? There's only a couple hundred in the southern counties in summer and spring, so I don't think we have to use a damn elephant gun on a rogue grizzly or anything.

I am an avid caver myself and pretty much the biggest animal I've ever seen in one is a raccoon skeleton. Although I did see this one turd with hair and seeds in it that came in close second.
Are you in a grotto? Which one? Where do you live? Maybe you could hook up with me and CaveGirl sometime for some cave exploring.
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis

PM sent to both ya'lls

And no I'm not really in a grotto although I have gone a couple times with the spelunkers in the MSM grotto in Rolla. Besides that, I pretty much just cave with a couple friends or by myself when I'm feeling daring.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

CaptainFancyPants wrote:
colony wrote:Yeah I am. Good luck with that knife when a bear comes up to you and mauls you. I don't care how big that knife is; it's likely you're going to lose. Hell, even with a gun it often takes a few shots to down a bear. But then at least I got a start on it 30+ feet away.
Are you insane? No really, are you? You can't fire a gun in a cave, dude. The bullet will ricochet and you'll end up shooting yourself and probably miss what you were trying to hit in the first place.

This isn't Man vs. Wild, it's real life. There aren't bears around every turn waiting to make you their breakfast :roll: . We don't keep firearms in the house because we have small children and no matter how well you lock things up, little kids have a way of getting into shit. On the off chance that we did run into a bear out in the woods it probably wouldn't fuck with us anyway.

Have you ever been out to the country? Cause it really sounds like all your knowledge about it comes from TV :lol: .

Well I live in the woods and in the woods everyday and no im not afraid of bears but if you was to talk wild animals Ill give you coyotes and ugly dogs and you best believe they will mes you up if they are in a pack
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
redox
aka Sawney Bean
aka Sawney Bean

Post by redox »

ropingk wrote:
Well I live in the woods and in the woods everyday and no im not afraid of bears but if you was to talk wild animals Ill give you coyotes and ugly dogs and you best believe they will mes you up if they are in a pack
... but firearms and caving? really? Like CaveGirl said: "you stab the fuck out of anything that tries to bite you"..I carry grizzly bear mace almost everywhere I go..and a knife. Ugly dogs/coyotes would die. Guns are good though..just not in caves
colony
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by colony »

CaptainFancyPants wrote:

I think your insane comment is misplaced. Have you ever fired a gun? It's not going to ricochet off of rock and come back at you. In fact, given that most natural cave walls are soft, it's most likely going to impact into the wall. Particularly if they're hollow points, which is all I carry. I think you're the one watching too many movies.

Also, I grew up in the country, which is how I know the dangers of bears, packs of coyotes, wolves, and angry dogs. Those are all things I've encountered (sans bears, honestly, but I wouldn't put it past me depending on the area I'm in). Just ask any cyclist how often angry dogs are encountered.. on a typical 50 mile trip I do, I'll be chased at least three times. Your pepper spray might deter one dog, but good luck with a pack, which is how they often come.

Plus, let's be honest here: if it's between my life in danger and worrying about the nonexistent potential of ricochet, I'll take the option which stops the threat to my life immediately. If you made every decision based on the nonexistent or extremely slight potential of a bad outcome, we'd all be driving horse and carriages, and our horses would be wearing colostomy bags so they couldn't accidentally diarrhea on our faces.
redox
aka Sawney Bean
aka Sawney Bean

Post by redox »

Just in a cave I'd be mostly concerned about silt and sand fucking up my firearm.