Sad News. . .

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below
Chillindave
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Sad News. . .

Post by Chillindave »

Hey everyone! I've been really looking forward to eventually meeting up with you all up in Missouri to meet ya and go do some exploring, but it looks like I'll never get that opportunity. A couple of weeks ago I found out my fiancee is pregnant. We're getting married September 10th and now we have a baby on it's way. Excellent news! But the sad news is we're moving to the Dallas/Fort Worth area in probably the first part of November, end of October in hopes of a better opportunity there. Her sisters all live down there and she needs them for support. It really sucks, cause I just started getting good and deep into the stuff to see and explore here in my home State, and now I have to up and go 6 hours away. Yeah, there's plenty of cool stuff to explore in Dallas and Fort Worth, but crap, I've lived here in Arkansas all my life. But, when it comes to being a "family man", ya gotta do what's best for the family, not what you wanna do. Anywho, I'll definately post on here still, cause you all kick ass. WR, start up the Dallas/Fort Worth section! LOL. I'll filler up.
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

RE: Sad News. . .

Post by David Keetz »

hey man...well wishes to you and your new family. It's a huge responsibility and that's awesome that you've been given the chance to raise a family.

Let us know about all the cool stuff you find over there.
S1L3N7B0B
Lunch Box
Lunch Box

Post by S1L3N7B0B »

Damn. Well congratulations and good luck in Dallas. It's a different world down there in Texas, but I'm sure you'll do well for your new family. Take care man.
We might die from medication
But we sure killed all the pain ~ Conor Oberst
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Congratulations, dude. You should totally hook up with the guys at texploration.org. I could vouch for you with them.

But yeah, if you have time before you move, I'll totally make it a point to go down there or have you come up here and explore something.
downhil
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by downhil »

we'll definitely have to get together when you get here.

i was in the same boat as you years ago....albeit quite a bit younger. :wink: i've just been getting settled in and haven't had a chance to check anything out yet.

i live downtown....tons of cool prospects so far!
peterbillionaire
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by peterbillionaire »

in downtown fort worth, there is a massive abandoned warehouse circa 1920's next to the old post office and train station; i was dying to check it out but i was alone, and also in fort worth on "business" so did not go in, dammit
Attachments
downtown fort worth.jpg
downtown fort worth.jpg (90.17 KiB) Viewed 6034 times
Chillindave
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Chillindave »

Hey everyone! I've been real busy lately and haven't checked in in quite a while. I've been meaning to update this and tell you all we've done some more talking and sat down and looked at it all on paper and moving down to Texas wasn't the best thing after all. I was sort of looking forward to it, but looks like I get to stick around a while longer. I recently took over handling our finances and we're doing just fine. We make more than my fiance thought we were. Just had to put a plug in the money leakage. But anywho, once the weather cools down a lil, I'd definately like to get back into it. I'm just playing it a lil safer, cause I really don't need any fines.

Keep it real.