Urban Explorers on Discovery Channel

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Urban Explorers on Discovery Channel

Post by White Rabbit »

Caught this off the infiltration mailing list today:
After many delays and changed airdates, the five episodes of the TV show I am on – titled “Urban Explorers�-- will be airing next week, Monday through Friday, June 27-July 1, at 5pm on the Discovery Channel.
S1L3N7B0B
Lunch Box
Lunch Box

RE: Urban Explorers on Discovery Channel

Post by S1L3N7B0B »

Ahh it's finally showing. 5:00 turns out to be a pretty good time for me.
We might die from medication
But we sure killed all the pain ~ Conor Oberst
djarum101
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by djarum101 »

its on at 4:00 from what my satelitte says... just to give a heads up
Chillindave
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Chillindave »

I'm recording it on DVD. It does come on at 4pm Central Time. I didn't see a listing for Missouri though? Pretty cool stuff.
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

Gah!!! I missed it... :( But I'm sure Discovery will do a rerun, not like they don't have much anymore besides motorcycle and car shows. Oh and Myth Busters.
S1L3N7B0B
Lunch Box
Lunch Box

Post by S1L3N7B0B »

Blast! Forgot it as well. Maybe I'll remember it tomorrow. How is it?
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Meh, missed the first episode, probably won't tune in for the rest.
thetrio
Whiskey Tango
Whiskey Tango

Post by thetrio »

Is this like everything else on discovery? You know where they have one night to infiltrate six buildings, and they will be pushing the time limit but they will always get it done in the knick of time. But it will be a bumpy road getting there. They will probably have a slacker, a tough guy, a smart one and the seasoned veteran. And there will be many arguments along the way but in the end they will kiss and make up. Sorry it just seems like every show I see anymore is like this. I hate reality television.
I went over to the dark side, but just to pick up a few things.
Chillindave
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Chillindave »

It's actually pretty cool. They were in Wisconsin yesterday and went to the old Pabst beer factory, an old Coke plant (not the soda coke), and an old bowling alley. They have mission objectives, such as rumored places that exist or once existed they are suppose to locate and a couple of other objectives as well based on the location.
Like I said, I'm recording all of them on DVD so if anyone wants a copy, pay me for shipping and I'll cover the rest.
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

I'll be contacting you Chillindave if I like what I see today. I'm leaving tomorrow morning and will be missing the rest of this week, and was really disappointed that I'd be missing this.
S1L3N7B0B
Lunch Box
Lunch Box

Post by S1L3N7B0B »

I'm liking it so far. I've kind of been in and out of the room (because I'm here on the computer doing thigns). I'd like to watch it in it's entirity, Capone's hidden speak easy; that's pretty wicked sweet, and that theater is downright amazing. I think I'll be contacting you as well Chillindave. LostLenore will also probably be interested.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

I saw the Chicago episode. It honestly wasn't terrible like I was expecting, but I did get kind of bored watching it. The places they went were pretty cool, but I didn't care for the whole game show-y aspect of the whole thing.
peterbillionaire
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by peterbillionaire »

i'm not watching any of it because i hate tv; but how will this series affect ue? will more people go out? will guards be more vigilant? etc.
Chillindave
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: RE: Urban Explorers on Discovery Channel

Post by Chillindave »

One thing that kinda sucked to me is they have the same explorers every episode. Grant it, the one guy climbs like a freakin monkey (oh yeah, I'm jealous!) it would've been nice to have seen different explorers.
peterbillionaire wrote:i'm not watching any of it because i hate tv; but how will this series affect ue? will more people go out? will guards be more vigilant? etc.
Quite honestly, I think it sheds a more positive light on the subject. If it inspires more to get into it, then so be it. The more people doing it and following the rules of leaving it "undisturbed" in most ways, then I could see it being a good thing. New laundry lists will emerge and places none of us knew of will come to light for us to enjoy as well.
I think it does show the more "harmlessness" to what it is we all do. Quite truthfully, I think this can only help. As I said on another topic, with the whole 9/11 thing behind us, it wouldn't be hard at all to end up in hot water and you being thought of as a terrorist. It's ashame that our freedom has been stolen from us in that way, but hopefully the people we encounter can see that we mean no harm.
peterbillionaire
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by peterbillionaire »

Chillindave: a good, thoughtful analysis; i hope you're right!

another reason i'm not watching it is because i'm sure that they will show really exciting locations that i cannot get to; then i'll get jealous, and then i will start to whine and pout; :evil: