I thought we were all normal. well almost.

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below
Cake_Pan
Lush
Lush

RE: I thought we were all normal. well almost.

Post by Cake_Pan »

Urban exploration is dangerous and illegal. It's a compulsion that drives young men and women out of the warm safety of their homes, down into the uncharted wilderness beneath the city streets.
*smirk*
idontlikespam
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by idontlikespam »

i read on another post that there's somewhat of an aversion to ghost hunters and haunted places, so should i back away to whence i came?
most of the haunted places we go are eligible for UE as well. there are a few that are open for business or are residences, though. there are underground tunnels all under OKC.
thetrio
Whiskey Tango
Whiskey Tango

Post by thetrio »

Nah youre probably fine as long as you dont poast pics of dust in the air saying its orbs of spirits or some such thing.
I went over to the dark side, but just to pick up a few things.
idontlikespam
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by idontlikespam »

No problemo. Orbs are, in fact, 99% of the time dirt/dust, moisture, reflection, bugs, or other such non-ghosty things. We have a professional photographer on our team that analyzes everything and I never see faces in windows or any of that crackpot jazz. We do have some photos that are questionable, and we have recorded voices that were not there when we there, but we approach the places we go with a lot of skepticism and try to debunk the "haunting" first. If we can't, we simply say it's "unexplainable". Now, there are some dumbasses that will give you a certificate stating your place is officially haunted and we make much fun of those kind of people. I'm not like that and actually have quite a bit of credibility in my area. We have been on the learning channel and we have a publisher from st. louis working with us on a book, so no, I'm not a kook.
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

Post by David Keetz »

yah....I'm usually one of the first to flame those who claim the dust in their house is ghosts

i believe in spirits though.......

i just don't go hunting them
DeeDee
Mrs. Willard
Mrs. Willard

Post by DeeDee »

Correct me if i am worng but there is a difference between ghosts and spirts and there could be both but you normaly do not know spirts are there because they are not as active as ghost. Just curious. Everytime i get in that converstion with someone it is always different.
It's your mom and I helped!!!!
idontlikespam
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by idontlikespam »

i know there are people that think there is a difference in that they think "spirits" have a religious conotation and ghosts don't. personally, i think they are the same - both are souls that linger here for one reason or another. i do, however, think that "demons" are an entirely different subject but that gets into religion. i do not think all ghosts or spirits are demons as some religions teach.
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

Post by David Keetz »

i firmly believe this:
(and i've posted it on here before)

when people see apparitions it is one of three things

A. The mind has encountered a glitch (scientifically proven based on electronic charges of things in the area, e.g. water table, mineral count)

B. The mind is seeing something that has happened in the past, a visual imprint (sound waves make imprints that stay, so do light waves)

C. A Demonic encounter
I think something clever is supposed to go right here.
Underdog
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS

Re: RE: I thought we were all normal. well almost.

Post by Underdog »

David Keetz wrote:i firmly believe this:
(and i've posted it on here before)

when people see apparitions it is one of three things

A. The mind has encountered a glitch (scientifically proven based on electronic charges of things in the area, e.g. water table, mineral count)

B. The mind is seeing something that has happened in the past, a visual imprint (sound waves make imprints that stay, so do light waves)

C. A Demonic encounter
Or
D. Evil Bunnies with big teeth.
"I'm federal agent Jack Bauer, and today is the longest day of my life." -Jack Bauer
idontlikespam
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by idontlikespam »

i would go with evil bunnies before deminc encounter :)
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

Post by David Keetz »

yah....the evil bunnies are an option as well....they have biiiig teeth.........and they can LEAP!!
I think something clever is supposed to go right here.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

and walk up walls with out a ladder or rope
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead