What do you do to protect your self in Scary Area's?

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below
Nemophilist
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: What do you do to protect your self in Scary Area

Post by Nemophilist »

I've always wondered if that would work. And yes, it sounds awesome.
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Post by GlassCurtain »

I make it a point not to carry anything threatening on me in case I get stopped. Even when dressing I avoid dressing in all black, it's too suspicious. I have a maglite as a back up. I'm a big guy so I'd like to think I can handle most situations. No problems so far.
“I investigate things to complete my knowledge, my complete knowledge makes my thoughts sincere, my thoughts being sincere; my heart is pure.”

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glasscurtain/
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Post by GlassCurtain »

I almost bought a flare gun the other day. Just 30 bucks at wal-mart. :)
“I investigate things to complete my knowledge, my complete knowledge makes my thoughts sincere, my thoughts being sincere; my heart is pure.”

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glasscurtain/
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

BROUSER wrote:We used to go to a friend on mine's house and have shotgun fights with birdshot at a reasonably safe distance. We almost never broke the skin.
If someone wanted to do this... JUST HYPOTHETICALLY, of course... What would be considered "safe distance" for this?
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

Well it wasnt bird shot (it was #6 low brass) but about 5 years ago i went rabbit hunting with some great freinds and my dad we went to a area that was almost infested with rabbits me and my dad were walking a road that the rabbits were crossing so i walked a long ways down the road (behind some brush on a curve in the road--I was dressed in camo dad seen a rabbit and shot at it well guess what he got the rabbit and I caught over 30 pellets in my ear,nose tempel,lip and toung
I was bleeding but actually didnt even know i was hit(did i mention im not real smart)
Ok I know birdshot is a lot littler and safer but id have a hard time shooting at some one with a shotgun to many thigs could go wrong
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
cobcob
Aequitas
Aequitas

Post by cobcob »

ropingk wrote:Ok I know birdshot is a lot littler and safer but id have a hard time shooting at some one with a shotgun to many thigs could go wrong
Like the time I shot you with that 12 gauge buckshot that I thought was a 9mm birdshot round?
GlassCurtain wrote:I like to masturbate during the sexual harassment films at work.
Pinkspider wrote:check here for geeky crotch eating goodness and crazy fake ass hair
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

White Rabbit wrote:
BROUSER wrote:We used to go to a friend on mine's house and have shotgun fights with birdshot at a reasonably safe distance. We almost never broke the skin.
If someone wanted to do this... JUST HYPOTHETICALLY, of course... What would be considered "safe distance" for this?
I don't know the exact distance. I think I could show you the pond we shot across, if it is still there. We were pretty stupid at 12, way back in 1980. Of those of us that played, two are dead now, one from cancer, one by suicide with a shotgun. One is in a wheelchair from riding a bicycle drunk.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
MONKEYMANN
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by MONKEYMANN »

BROUSER wrote:
White Rabbit wrote:
I don't know the exact distance. I think I could show you the pond we shot across, if it is still there. We were pretty stupid at 12, way back in 1980. Of those of us that played, two are dead now, one from cancer, one by suicide with a shotgun. One is in a wheelchair from riding a bicycle drunk.

GEEZ LOUISE...And I thought our beebee gun wars were crazy....
I DIDN'T SAY THAT YOU SAID THAT I SAID THAT......
graffitifetish
Miss Silver Lining
Miss Silver Lining

RE: What do you do to protect your self in Scary Area's?

Post by graffitifetish »

I never carry anything, either. Which is maybe a little stupid, but eh.
Scout
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Post by Scout »

I'm a gun nut, but I don't carry one when trespassing. You're much more likely to go to jail if you get caught with a gun while committing a crime, albeit a misdemeanor. It's a good way to get your carry permit jerked also. Most multi-tools have fairly formidable knives, so that is probably the way to go, as they don't look threatening to the cops or the locals. If you are way out in the boonies looking some place over it is somewhat of an exception as you take a little hunting trip and just happen to look over your place of interest as you do so. You get caught you just say you're sorry and you'll get the hell off right now.
"That old hag hates my ass."
MONKEYMANN
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

RE: What do you do to protect your self in Scary Area's?

Post by MONKEYMANN »

I think the Bear Mace/Repellant...like they used to carry on "Dog the Bounty Hunter" show is probably the best idea posted here so far...
Its legal in most places, and if you get the kind that fog an area like a fire extinguisher rather then a "Stream" kind you could probably make your way out of most situations even with multipal attackers...

As long as you didn' t end up fogging youself in the process...LOL
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Re: RE: What do you do to protect your self in Scary Area's?

Post by crazydrummerdude »

thechariot wrote:definitely, but the only gun i have isnt legal, and involves two hands for its use. plus if the situation came down to that, it would be one big mess.
..and why would you admit this openly?
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

as of tomorrow i will be packing woot
Kit wrote:I am old
MONKEYMANN
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by MONKEYMANN »

Kit wrote:as of tomorrow i will be packing woot
Be careful...and remember...there are, "No give backs or do overs" with guns! Good luck and be safe!
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

Kit wrote:as of tomorrow i will be packing woot
SO Kit are you this Hot looking real estate goddest who goes around knocking off the other guys?????
wasnt there a TV show like that??
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead