The Albino Farm movie thread.

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below
Alice
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: The Albino Farm movie thread.

Post by Alice »

Are you sure? Those articles that were posted earlier made it sound like it was based off of one or two of the urban legends about the Albino Farm.
Ok here is the brief synopsis from “Big Eye”, my friend Ryan. It is centered around some college students who seek out urban legends. They are directed to the “Albino Farm”, which is just a place which is inhabited by genetic mutants. He compares it to “The Hills Have Eyes”. Apparently one of the directors is from Springfield, so he used the title because people are familiar with it; however, it doesn’t sound like the movie is anywhere near the urban legend of the Lodge (Springfield's “Albino Farm”). To be honest, I would prefer it would be about our actual legend…however, as I have seen the actors in makeup. I know this isn’t the case. No albinos or scary caretakers... just weird zombie people…..guess we will have to wait for it to come out. :?
Alice
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Alice »

Someone jacked the pump from the well out at the farm and I said it was most likely at a salvage yard now
Speaking of scrap iron, I am surprised no one has messed with the track at Dogpatch. I really wish I could see Dogpatch fully, I only saw a small part. I know its impossible now days. blah.
Alice
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Alice »

Someone jacked the pump from the well out at the farm and I said it was most likely at a salvage yard now
Speaking of scrap iron, I am surprised no one has messed with the track at Dogpatch. I really wish I could see Dogpatch fully, I only saw a small part. I know its impossible now days. blah.
Curor
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Curor »

I have heard that legend before. The story is that all us ozark hicks got scared of all them deformed mutant types and we sent them over to the farm, out of sight out of mind.
Everyone else who lets me ride on their dinosaur calls me Carlos.
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Re: The Albino Farm movie thread.

Post by gimpface »

I really wish one of these urban legends would live up to the hype. I'm still trying to find the satanic cults that supposedly infest our lovely ozarks.
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
cobcob
Aequitas
Aequitas

Post by cobcob »

gimpface wrote:I really wish one of these urban legends would live up to the hype. I'm still trying to find the satanic cults that supposedly infest our lovely ozarks.
They're all sacrificing goat headed children to Molech under the square... Don't you pay attention to VDJ?
GlassCurtain wrote:I like to masturbate during the sexual harassment films at work.
Pinkspider wrote:check here for geeky crotch eating goodness and crazy fake ass hair
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

Cobby came here looking for all those big butch Deliverance types he kept hearing about. Try as hard as he might, he just couldn't find anyone down under that could make him squeal like a pig.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
Alice
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Alice »

I have heard that legend before. The story is that all us ozark hicks got scared of all them deformed mutant types and we sent them over to the farm, out of sight out of mind.
We hadn't heard that one. The variations I heard were involved either albino families or one that was mistreated by an evil caretaker. Either way, I never have been to the "Albino Farm". Both of the 3 times I tried we never made it...oh how sad. Are there still a lot of things standing? At one point I heard they tore it down.
Curor
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Curor »

There is quite a bit left at the albino farm. I went out there today after trying to meet for Carthage day, that just did not work out like we had planned, and I took a few pictures. I did not get pictures of all the buildings, mainly the tower and silo. I tried to upload a few pictures but I guess that it does not work the way that I thought that it would. If someone will tell me how I will upload them.
cobcob
Aequitas
Aequitas

Re: RE: The Albino Farm movie thread.

Post by cobcob »

Alice wrote:Both of the 3 times I tried we never made it...
:shock: :shock:
GlassCurtain wrote:I like to masturbate during the sexual harassment films at work.
Pinkspider wrote:check here for geeky crotch eating goodness and crazy fake ass hair
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Re: RE: The Albino Farm movie thread.

Post by BROUSER »

cobcob wrote:
Alice wrote:Both of the 3 times I tried we never made it...
:shock: :shock:
Nice catch, cobby. That's definitely "Through the Looking-Glass" math at work.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
darko80
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by darko80 »

Just wondering about the tower. I know there is a door at the top, but what is inside and what was it used for?
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

darko80 wrote:Just wondering about the tower. I know there is a door at the top, but what is inside and what was it used for?
The use is, for now, a mystery. What is inside, nothing but debries and water.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
paul06660
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by paul06660 »

Thats where I think they used to make wine or ale or something. Note the strange glass ornaments on the side.
The door would be where they access the product being made.
(Convient for the Albino man to store his dead bodies without them being seen, in a nice dead body broth to marinate them in before eating them)
Curor
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Curor »

I have a hard time believing that they would make a wine in a concrete cylinder with the only access being at the top, mainly because the way wine is made is in casks. I do not think that a wine barrel could even fit down that hole, and it wold not be anything approaching easy to haul up there, since the barrel would most likely weigh over 100 pounds. The winery is also located a fair distance away, if they were going to make wine in it they would have put it next to the winery.