UE Show

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: UE Show

Post by Anne »

Awesome, thanks guys. I'll check out those this weekend if I can.
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Well, that was a bust. Turns out my parents no longer have a working video camera, and neither did my videographer. So ends that dream...

Also, in reference to Willard, I swung by that mill on Commercial the other day and there was an overhead light on in the loading dock next to the train tracks which makes me think it's still in operation. I assume you're referring to the larger concrete silos that are on the other side of the tracks, which I didn't really get a good look at.
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

Post by David Keetz »

...all i can say to this whole discovery channel thing is...........

damnit....

here's the deal, it's hard enough to try to keep from getting our arses' thrown in jail every time we infiltrate some place but when we have a good story to tell the cops like Urban Exploration, most of them will feel for our cause............but the mass media is going to take this and completely rape it. A whole lot of assholes are going to start this up....not that i think it's bad that people would get interested, but the point is this..........................the people who have been interested before are doing it of their own choice. Most of us liked exploring and we actively sought out "Urban exploration"................now it's going to just be a means of some rich corporate sellouts making money......and a lot of people who sit around and home and see this won't have the respect for nature and now if we say we're urban explorers.......................well........the cops will just tell us that we should know that trespassing is a crime and give us a ticket because they'll be sick and tired of everybody doing it....................

this is going to give me nightmares.......

i hate television
S1L3N7B0B
Lunch Box
Lunch Box

Post by S1L3N7B0B »

It shouldn't affect our cause much at all. It's a very small series (3-5 shows I believe) and its not even really being advertised. The discovery channel isn't very main stream. It isn't about exploring buildings and tunnels like us, though I can't remember exactly what it is about. One of the people who was involved with the program is registered at UER. Look up the post there, I think it'll calm your nerves a little.
Last edited by S1L3N7B0B on Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We might die from medication
But we sure killed all the pain ~ Conor Oberst
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

Post by David Keetz »

yah....thanks for that..

the voice of reason speaks to me once again....i would like to see their shows and see what they're doing...

One instance recently in which the mass media actually did something good was the "preserve our history" effort by the history channel. Finding old historic buildings and other landmarks and making sure they don't get destroyed
McSwice
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: RE: UE Show

Post by McSwice »

David Keetz wrote: damnit....
Amen dood.