Are you an active explorer? 2007

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below

What kind of Explorer are you?

Indiana Jones- Hardcore. Willing to fight your way through hordes of Nazis, thugs, snakes and buxom ladies in order to check something out. You find things so awesome, when others see them their eyes melt.
47%
Injun Joe- Not much of a UE per se, but you hang out in caves a lot and people take your word about your exploits because they are afraid of being stabbed. You may or may not be an offensive steroetype.
32%
Average Joe- Your ass is glued firmly to your armchair. You are content to read of other's adventures while inhaling bag after succulent bag of Lay's potato chips, thinking to yourself "that looks fun, but there's no way I'm doing it!"
3%
Gimpface, you asshole, none of those describe me. Furthermore, you are a foul-mouthed fuck-face and can go to hell.
18%

Total votes: 38

hearse driver
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Re: Are you an active explorer? 2007

Post by hearse driver »

Sertile wrote:I picked Option B, but had I taken this poll a year or two ago I would've been a solid A. It's not that I don't have time, it's more that I've exhausted 99% of SW MO and I'm too lazy to go anywhere else.
i feel the same about kc.....
the're only homeless at night , during the day, there just outside....
''thats what happens , light out there , dark in here''- Slim Jim
''yes for the last time, i just put my fucking wheel on with a hammer....''
Hiccup
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Hiccup »

option 4 option 4!
Scarried
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Are you an active explorer? 2007

Post by Scarried »

the good thing is that st louis is slowly degrading into a mad max like enviroment. As the plants and factories close and the crime increases people are moving and gives me and opportunity to explore. Now tell me that aint taking a frown and turning it upside down
I fall down sometimes
redox
aka Sawney Bean
aka Sawney Bean

Re: RE: Are you an active explorer? 2007

Post by redox »

Scarried wrote:the good thing is that st louis is slowly degrading into a mad max like enviroment. As the plants and factories close and the crime increases people are moving and gives me and opportunity to explore. Now tell me that aint taking a frown and turning it upside down
It has reached "Terminator status in N. STL"

The fact is...it's actually coming up in many areas
memory_machine
Resident Douchebag
Resident Douchebag

Post by memory_machine »

This is true. I don't know how much of this will come to pass, but the majority of my favorite abandoned buildings have "plans" for future demolition or renovation. The City Hospital, formerly one of the coolest sites in the midwest, is now loft apartments. Falstaff has been sold, the Coke Plant has stuff being talked about, Gumo Jail's demolition is in the works.....we'll see if it all actually happens.
Scarried
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Scarried »

If all these things actually to st louis well just have to go east st louis. You'll just have add a bullet proof vest to your gear list
I fall down sometimes
Scarried
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Scarried »

let me clarify my last comment. if all these things actually happen to st louis then we will all have to go to east st louis. Then well all need a bullet proof vest and perhaps, we will have to get a piece, or get strapped, at least a shank and etc, so on and so forth,
I fall down sometimes
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

Yeah, ESL is nothing but abandoned buildings.

While at Armour the other day, I got flagged down by a bunch of thugs several times. All looked excited to see me.

I guess a drug dealer around there has a similar truck?
guitarzan
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by guitarzan »

howdy all, im new here, got on mainly to find out what was happening at dogpatch, but find the site VERY interesting... i've spent most of my life going places i'm not suppose to be in the Ozarks, so i reckon i might fit in here LOL, i chose B...mainly cause im too old and lazy to be A anymore.
tater guy, looking for mater gal