Harbor Freight tools rechargeable flashlight on sale.

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below
Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

Harbor Freight tools rechargeable flashlight on sale.

Post by Chris »

I don't know if any of you guys have a Harbor Freight Tools (they're also online) store near you, but they have a rechargeable flashlight on sale for $20.

It's black ano'ed aluminum and is about the size of a 3-D cell maglite. It's got about a 3" diameter head. It uses a 6 volt, 2.2 amp hour battery and comes with a car charger and wall wart charger for at home. It says it takes about 7-8 hours for a full charge. I has a 5.5w halogen bulb that should throw out about 114 lumens.

I bought it on Saturday and left it charging in my car overnight. On Sunday, I went exploring with some friends and we took the new light. It was extremely bright, it definatly threw out more light than even a 'tactical' flashlight like a Surefire, but the beam was not very well focused, nor is it adjustable. It ran for sevaral hours with no noticable difference in brightness.

If you've got a Harbor Freight near you, I suggest you pick one up. It's a bargain for the money, especially for such a high powered, rechargeable light.

It definately lasted longer than the hour the website says it will last, but it was not continous use either.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/d ... mber=92069
Violent Ray
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

RE: Harbor Freight tools rechargeable flashlight on sale.

Post by Violent Ray »

Yeah Ive Been There Got one of those Thanks 4 the Tip
Lions and tigers and Vampire Tunnels Oh My!