So you got your lucky underwear on?

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below
dawgchain
The Pumkin King
The Pumkin King

So you got your lucky underwear on?

Post by dawgchain »

Ok, just curious. Do any of you have like a favorite peice of equipment or clothing for UEing? Maybe a flashlight your proud of, or say a huge ass sun trapped in a spot light caseing(WR), maybe a really comfy pair of pants that you always wear on explorations?

I have a pocket knife that I always make sure goes with me... I carry it other times, but not always that one. But, anytime I go exploring it is with me. It isn't a luck thing, it's just a switchblade so it is easier to use it one-handed and hang onto a wall, rope, colapsed floor, or victem, and still open it quickly. It has saved my arse many-a times in exploring. But, I am sad, I am going to have to retire it. The trigger is getting old, and it opens randomly at awkward times now... and as it is in my pocket, this means a sharp pointy blade at my nuts... not freindly at all.
----------This space for rent----------
Hiccup
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: So you got your lucky underwear on?

Post by Hiccup »

i always bring along my trusty white rabbit
HMndnproud
Big Chief Little Shit
Big Chief Little Shit

Post by HMndnproud »

dawgchain wrote:The trigger is getting old, and it opens randomly at awkward times now... and as it is in my pocket, this means a sharp pointy blade at my nuts... not freindly at all.
It was so wrong of me to laugh at this. :lol:
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

I wear the same pair of green cargo pants every time I go out caving or exploring, even to the BBQ. They're getting really faded and threadbare, though, meaning they don't provide as much armor as they used to. I'm also mad at them for allowing my Maglite to fall out of their pocket.

I might look to upgrade to some rugged canvas pants when I when back from MA.
Last edited by Sertile on Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

Sounds like you need to UE Army Surplus.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Well, I was at Uncle Sam's army surplus in STL a couple weeks ago and there was a bag there I really wanted to get, but I didn't. Now I'm regretting it.

The pants I had an eye on were at Dynamic Earth, but they were $40 which is more than I want to pay for some pants I'm just going to tear up. I also need a good pair of army boots and a headlamp upgrade, but I'm doing things one at a time here.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
Hiccup
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Hiccup »

Sertile wrote:I'm also mad at them for allowing my Maglite to fall out of their pocket.

lol...those sonsabitches!
FiReDiVeR
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Post by FiReDiVeR »

Hiccup wrote:i always bring along my trusty white rabbit
Does it take AA or AAA batteries?
Hiccup
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Hiccup »

all i know is it keeps going and going and . . .