Teens arrested climbing University Club Tower in St. Louis

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

Re: Teens arrested climbing University Club Tower in St. Lou

Post by David Keetz »

actually....this is slightly off topic..

but I have to give wrabbit props. It's not that he's MORE capable than everybody else (although he is in better physical condition than most) .....this guy just has an awesome ability to get over his fear and rationally discern the physical possibilities of what he's wanting to do.

After exploring with him a couple of times, i've been inspired and found myself doing a couple of things I wouldn't have done before.
I think something clever is supposed to go right here.
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Well put David, that's absolutely true. Take the tower at Monte Ne, for example. I probably could've gotten on that roof myself. I mean, it's physically possible. I know I'm agile enough, and I'm pretty sure I'm strong enough, but I didn't have the nerve to do it. Hell, I got kind of scared just going up the ladder, especially once I saw what it was fixed to.

However, I've recently found myself climbing things I would never have attempted in the past, and it's not because I'm becoming more foolhardy (or at least, I hope not), it's because now I realize it's possible, and what's more, it's possible to do so safely. That's something it took a while for me to figure out.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
dawgchain
The Pumkin King
The Pumkin King

Post by dawgchain »

If there isn't a sufficient amount of danger involved, it isn't worth doing.
----------This space for rent----------
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Yeah, that's probably a good way of putting it. Because I really think most of the crazy stuff I've done is stuff that most people are physically capable of doing. Not all of it, but most of it.
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

Surprised myself yesterday. Put up a rope swing on a tree at my brother's house. After I got the rope up, I decided to see if I could rabbit up it. I free climbed, not using my legs, 20 feet. If I actually started working out again, I could probably get back in shape. Damn it, I'm not that old!
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
Barracuda
Saucy
Saucy

Post by Barracuda »

BROUSER wrote: ...I decided to see if I could rabbit up it...
Haha! I love it!
"Now, get your hand back on your penis and resume jerking." -Fiti
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

When we were at the MFA buildings last week we went and looked at that silo you climbed, and tried to decide how you were even able to reach the ladder. I mean, you're not a REAL rabbit... are you?
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Sertile wrote:When we were at the MFA buildings last week we went and looked at that silo you climbed, and tried to decide how you were even able to reach the ladder. I mean, you're not a REAL rabbit... are you?
I am!

Actually, there's some eletrical conduit that runs near the ladder that you can reach from the ground. You have to climb up it like it's a rope, sorta, and then reach over and grab the ladder when you get high enough.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

White Rabbit wrote:
Sertile wrote:When we were at the MFA buildings last week we went and looked at that silo you climbed, and tried to decide how you were even able to reach the ladder. I mean, you're not a REAL rabbit... are you?
I am!

Actually, there's some eletrical conduit that runs near the ladder that you can reach from the ground. You have to climb up it like it's a rope, sorta, and then reach over and grab the ladder when you get high enough.
Nice... we'll just leave that sort of work up to you... :D
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Yeah, I saw those pipes you're talking about. I doubt I could just yank myself right up them without a stepladder or something, but I figured that's what you did.