"Active" sites?

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below
Shaduan
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

"Active" sites?

Post by Shaduan »

I've seen several office buildings and storefronts in my area with signs reading "Space for Lease" and variations... would these count as active sites or abandonments for the sake of UE?
How long would a building need to be vacant or "for Lease" before it is an abandonment?
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Re: "Active" sites?

Post by gimpface »

I dunno... I often use the "for sale" signs as an excuse to go lurking about some of the semi-abandoned quarries in the area, though.
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

Post by David Keetz »

active sites are technically ones that are occupied on a semi-daily basis. ..
for lease and sale etc. etc. aren't technically abandonments either.........unless the sign is old and rusty.......
I usually don't bother with those....some corporate asshole has probably stripped it down of anything that would make it of any interest to me whatsoever. ......
I think something clever is supposed to go right here.
mjames
Prodigal Son Returns
Prodigal Son Returns

Post by mjames »

If it is for sale or lease then it is not abandoned, just not in use. I would say Not In Use for a few months constitutes the definition of "abandoned" used on here though... seems like fair game.
Back in Black!
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

I would say anything that's actively being advertised as for sale or lease is not abandoned in the least, but that shouldn't stop you from snooping around.

I don't really like exploring active sites (though I have on occasion), but I know some here do. I don't personally see anything wrong with it, they just don't interest me as much as true abandonments. I say go for whatever floats your boat, as long as you don't have to break in or anything.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

I'd second the "Not In Use" term for those. I'd consider active sites more like offices and underground places that actively in use and things like that. I love active places, just because of the thrill factor. "Not In Use" kinda places... Eh. I've explored lots of them, but it's not really my thing unless there's something particularly interesting about the place. There's no thrill factor like with active sites, nor is there the coolness of urban decay.
mechfreak57
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by mechfreak57 »

hey, as long as you can get in, and its not in use, who cares?
The objective of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other sorry bastard die for his.
-Gen. Patton