Snow

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below
FiReDiVeR
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Snow

Post by FiReDiVeR »

I was just thinking about the snow we got this morning, we have 6 inches at my house, and I was just wondering if any of you have done some exploring in the snow? How much snow did you guys get? I have a good story about exploring in the snow but I will post it later when I have more time.
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

RE: Snow

Post by Sertile »

We got about 2 inches here, and I refuse to leave the house today for any reason. Snow can suck my ass.

Although... I did have some fun with a friend of mine the other day when temps dipped below freezing. We had gone out to explore some stuff in the boonies, and we happened across a frozen cow pond, which for whatever reason we decided to see if we could cross on foot. I, being lighter and more foolhardy, made it all the way to the pond's center, when one final footstep brought enormous cracks racing across the ice, and sent us shuffling back to dry land.
Attachments
Pond
Pond
Pond.jpg (87.05 KiB) Viewed 4562 times
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Re: Snow

Post by BROUSER »

I prefer getting out and getting silly with a 4wd in snow. I'm not sure we got enough to get really goofy, but I can play around a little. Snow has advantages over mud. Hell of a lot easier to shovel yourself out if you get in a mess.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

We got like 6 inches at my house, and we didn't end up working that day because of it. So, I got all excited, went and grabbed a sled, and hauled ass to Springfield thinking I'd be able to sled down the Hydraslide with a bunch of you guys. Then I saw that you guys only got an inch or two in Springfield and there wasn't really enough to do it. I was bummed.
BRANDOFLUCK
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Post by BRANDOFLUCK »

I would never have gone out on that pond. The water would have been so cold. I know it wouldnt have been hard to surface but still so freaking cold!
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

It wasn't very deep anyway. It was probably knee-deep at best.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/