Active explorer or armchair explorer

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below

Are you a honest to god Indiana Jones style explorer or are you a armchair explorer at heart.

Indian Jones
69%
Armchair explorer
31%

Total votes: 29

FiReDiVeR
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Re: Active explorer or armchair explorer

Post by FiReDiVeR »

I didn't mean that he wasn't sane I know he is he just does things that are dangerous. I like to be a little more careful when I am doing something. Like to go down into that hole to see what mine was down there, I wouldn't go unless I had my harness on, enough rope to reach the bottom, and my helmet. I know that he is not stupid crazy he is just a bigger risk taker than I am thats all. Sorry to make you think I meant otherwise.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

FiReDiVeR wrote:I didn't mean that he wasn't sane I know he is he just does things that are dangerous. I like to be a little more careful when I am doing something. Like to go down into that hole to see what mine was down there, I wouldn't go unless I had my harness on, enough rope to reach the bottom, and my helmet. I know that he is not stupid crazy he is just a bigger risk taker than I am thats all. Sorry to make you think I meant otherwise.
No worries. I know what you meant. And if I lived closer to Rush, I probably would've wanted to wait until I could come back with a harness as well. But yeah, big risk taker is a good way of putting it.
FiReDiVeR
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Post by FiReDiVeR »

So when do you want to go back I will bring my harness and 100ft rope so we can find out whats down there. PM me.
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Active explorer or armchair explorer

Post by piplnr65656 »

I think it all boils down to your upbringing and your life experiances. We were out camping one time with some friends and one had just married this girl that was from new york city and had never realy been out of the city. The girl was freeking out because there was this coyote up on this ledge howling. She honestly thought it was going to come down and kill us or something. She would not listen to reason and because she had never seen or experianced anything like it she was freaking out and her mind was like in some basic survival mode. She was realy starting to affect my calm so I got out my old 45.70 and shot the coyote off the ledge. No coyote, no problem.

Noname some times freaks out when i try to climb something that is not supposed to be climbed. I know my limits and I eyefuck it first and while climbing to make sure there are no nasty surprises.