What equipment do you have?

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below

Is Equipment forum a good idea?

yes
81%
no
19%

Total votes: 36

FiReDiVeR
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

What equipment do you have?

Post by FiReDiVeR »

I found an old topic that asked the same question but hasn't been replied to for 8 months so I thought that there should be a new one or maybe even have WR set up a forum specifically for equipment. I think that a forum directed only towards equipment would be good because you and other fellow UE's could let others know what equipment you have, what you like about certain items, what items you were disappointed with after you got to use them, and also new items that you plan to or wish you could buy. Does any one agree?
jessgcmo
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: What equipment do you have?

Post by jessgcmo »

I have all your needed repelling gear some basic climbing gear all my dive gear. be more specific umm do you want to know like the brands and their specific uses or just what i have in regards to where i can go and what i can do with the gear
To each is his own, so don't take mine...
youthsonic
Urban Perversion
Urban Perversion

Post by youthsonic »

I think it's a good idea to have an equipment area. I have one on kcurbex.org. It makes planning a bit easier when you have an idea of the equipment at your group's disposal.
"fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"
FiReDiVeR
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Re: What equipment do you have?

Post by FiReDiVeR »

I thought that it would be a good idea to tell people whats good and whats not, for example:

I bought the Brinkmann Maxfire LX(Lithium/Xenon) flashlight and the light output is incredible and battery life is pretty good although the 123A batteries are a little pricey they are definetly worth the $$.

The backpack that I have at the time(a blue Nike backpack with a leather bootom) is an old one from High school it was cool then but for roaming the woods or going through tight places it is uncomfortable because it has no back padding and the straps are to thin.

These are both true statements, and think that they might be useful for others. What do you think?
FiReDiVeR
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Post by FiReDiVeR »

I finally got the time to put a list of my equipment on the topic. I hope that some of you guys will do the same.

*ROKK FrontRange internal frame backpack
*Slumberjack Coundrum sleeping bag, liner, and pad
*Leatherman Wave multi-tool
*Bushnell 50X binoculars
*Kodak Z740 digital camera
*Camelbak 2 liter hydration pack
*Military issue compass
*Motorola Hi-Band 2-way radio
*Remington neoprene waders 2 pairs
*3 pairs of rubber knee boots
*2- Black Diamond SuperNova headlamps
*Brinkman Lithium/Xenon flashlight
*IkeLite PC lite
*Princeton Tec Impact light
*6 of the cheap 6volt flashlights
*100 military grade chem-lights(glowsticks)
*Innova T4 rechargable flashlight
*Maglite 2D cell flashlight
*Streamlight 3D cell flashlight
*Petzl Falcon Class 2 Rescue Harness
*New Engand Rope 11mm Static Kermantle rope 100ft.
*Advanced Base Camp 11.1mm Static Kermantle rope 300ft.
*Petzl rope backpack
*2 canvas velcro rope protectors
*2 Petzl Twin double-sided Prusik pulleys
*2 Petzl Rescue swing-sided pulleys
*Petzl Paw anchor plate
*2 Petzl RescuCender rope grabs
*SMC NFPA bar rack with tie off bar
*5 SMC locking carabiners
*3 Omega non-lockig carabiners
*6 different lenght prusik cords
*100ft of 1in. webbing
*CMC rescue utility belt for mariners knot
*50ft 8mmAntipodes caving rope
*Military E-tool
*Military MRE's 2 cases
*2 spools 550Cord(parachute line)
*2 Magnesium fire starters

I already posted my dive gear in the scuba diving forum if anyone would like to see it, I hope that others will post their equipment list here too.
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

Stuff I have...

At all times: Gerber Multi tool, Applegate-Fairbain combat folder, Mini maglite (batteries usually half dead), Gore-tex boots.

Most of the time: Lockpicks, lensatic compass, BDUs (black for urban, camo for rural).

Crap I keep in the "Adventurin' Box" in my SUV: headlamp, 6 cell maglite, several extra lights for the dumbasses I explore with (who usually are not terribly well equipped), ALICE style webgear w/ canteens, ammo pouches (which typically have loose bullets in them), those cool skull pacecount beads,
a machete, duct tape, and a bigass medkit. Also a bunch of maps and info on whatever I happen to be scouting at the time.
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

Post by whipping_post »

Gimp, you sound like me except I have 3 multi-tools, handcuffs, toolkit, police sap and police spring loaded baton, police billy club (short style), Walther P22 (for those emergency moments) and police scanner.

I need to get a couple of those older surgical tools and large military med kit.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign.
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

I don't mess with saps and ninja sticks most of the time. I have them at home if I need them, though. My 6 cell, which is nicknamed "Hobo Basher" is usually more than enough. I need to get a scanner and a smaller first aid kit that I can actually take with me. I really wouldn't bother with the field surgery kits... they are of limited usefulness most of the time. A pair of Kelly forceps might be a good idea, though.

Stuff on my "to buy" list:
Galoshes/waders
kneepads
decent rope
carabiner
harness
helmet
FiReDiVeR
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Post by FiReDiVeR »

I also carry my glock .40 for emergency use and I have a 26" ASP AirWeight expandable baton, a 22" Autolock baton, 2 pairs of ASP AirWeight handcuffs. The only thing on my to buy list that I can think of is the Petzl Explorer helmet.
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

Post by whipping_post »

I've got the forceps, several sets in fact. They're useful when working on computers and you need to change dip switch settings.

I do recommend surgical scissors and even the ones they use in ER's. They're tough as hell and can cut through just about anything. I have a set of them as well in my bag as well as a spring loaded punch.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign.
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

I assume you are talking about trauma shears... I use mine to cut pennies in half when I'm bored.
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

Post by whipping_post »

That's them. Great fucking things. I use to use them to trim the hoses on my old car when I had to replace them on the radiator. People wonder why I have them, I show them what they can do.

They don't ask why, they ask where they can get some.
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by piplnr65656 »

Speaking of medical equipment do you know where I can by a derma? marker. The purple permenant ones that hospital use to mark on people with. They last for about a month on skin. I used to draw on people I did'nt like that were passed out. Noname used to draw a little note on my ass while I was asleep the night before I was leaving to go to some far off place. She would put something like "property of Noname". I am also looking for another surgical stapler.
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

Post by whipping_post »

Surgical markers and staplers are available on ebay (yes, I checked) for a pretty nominal fee. Shaming someone is fun but most people use permenant marker anymore.

I may have to pick up one of the staplers though, it might come in handy.
FiReDiVeR
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Re: RE: What equipment do you have?

Post by FiReDiVeR »

whipping_post wrote:Surgical markers and staplers are available on ebay (yes, I checked) for a pretty nominal fee. Shaming someone is fun but most people use permenant marker anymore.

I may have to pick up one of the staplers though, it might come in handy.
Do you need the permanent marker and surgical stapler in case you are checking out an old building and the cops see the flash from a camera when they drive by and stop by to check out the suspicious activity inside and you run down the stairs to get to the ground floor and trying to find your way around in the dark because you can't use your flashlight or you'll get caught and you think that you see the exit and you run through the door only to hit a wall because its actually a closet you then turn around go back out and see the only exit between you and freedom you then run out of the building you catch your t-shirt on the lock plate that has been busted loose for years by someone who wanted to check out the building that was old then and you realize that you tore your shirt. But don't worry you have your permanent marker and surgical stapler so you can fix it and it will be better than new.