SCUBA Diving

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below
FiReDiVeR
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Re: SCUBA Diving

Post by FiReDiVeR »

Just thought that I would let people know that I will be diving tomorrow and the water temperature is 43.6 degrees farenheit. Thank goodness I have a dry suit.
bandit.wc.80
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: SCUBA Diving

Post by bandit.wc.80 »

there is a large very deep mine opening north of Oronogo MO that is called "The Circle" from what i have heard its a pretty famous dive spot for alot of cavers. there are multiple tunnels off of the main pit which is gotta be more than 4 or 5 acres large. I read an article in the Joplin Globe a few years ago about a team of divers who found some old abandoned mining train cars in one of the tunnels.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

how deep is the mine??? are you diving with a group of explorers
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
pavement
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: SCUBA Diving

Post by pavement »

I went to Bonne Terre mines this weekend just the walking and boat tour, but they did talk about a driving team from st. louis thats uses the mines for open water and night time rescue drills. It was neat place I am just glad someone else paid for the tour.
Can you here me now! its the end of radio, and we miss it.
godfather
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by godfather »

Being that this is a scuba thread...

I'm thinking about getting certified toward the begining of next summer. From what I have been looking at I should be able to get started for about $1000 (includes basic gear, and class).

Any tips?