SCUBA Diving

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below
HMndnproud
Big Chief Little Shit
Big Chief Little Shit

Re: SCUBA Diving

Post by HMndnproud »

You guys don't make a positive point for cave diving. Have you watched that movie called the Cave. That's all they did in it was cave dive, and then get eaten by some monster, but anyway, that freaked me out (the cave diving) they were completely under water and like a mile under ground. It made me claustraphobic(sp?) just watching it.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: SCUBA Diving

Post by piplnr65656 »

Did you guys see the artical in national geografic a year or two ago where like 7 guys went 25 or so miles threw a mostly sumurged cave with rebreathers. they were in the cave for like 4 days. They would be in the water for hours and hours then come to a big chamber where they could climb out of the water for awhile then they would do it all again. I think it was in mexico or central america.
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

Post by whipping_post »

I've got that one, I'll dig it out tonight but it'll take a while, I have every issue from 1979. I do remember that article but not the particulars of it.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign.
FiReDiVeR
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Post by FiReDiVeR »

Is that the article about the deepest cave journey in the world, because I remember seeing the one about that cave. I personally would not enjoy cave diving, but I have never experienced it before. I love scuba diving although usually when I am in the water it is for work, but it is still fun. I know that 99% of people that try scuba diving absolutely love it, and just about anyone can do it. I just know that cave diving is super dangerous (75% fatalities) so it doesn't fancy me. Open water SCUBA diving on the other hand is one of the safest sports in the world today.
Johnson
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Johnson »

I've dived table rock back in the early 90's. My grandpa Used to Rebuild all of the compressor's fofr aqua sports and used to travel the world with them on their dives. He's got a placque with things that he got off the bottom while diving the bermuda triangle, and some stuff from bermuda. I have never went to get my diving certs though, or have any gear anymore. Got so many bills right now i cant afford to get my certs or new gear right now but would LOVE to sometime in the near future.
jessgcmo
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by jessgcmo »

yes im am new to the site but my friend piplner65656 is not but anyway i dive and have been for a while i used to live in rogers arkansas i would be interested in doing some diving with you and or some of the others in the group but i do travel for a living so the dive would need to be well scheduled please contact me if you are interested
To each is his own, so don't take mine...
dawgchain
The Pumkin King
The Pumkin King

Post by dawgchain »

is this the JR. we keep hearing about?
----------This space for rent----------
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: RE: SCUBA Diving

Post by piplnr65656 »

jessgcmo wrote:yes im am new to the site but my friend piplner65656 is not but anyway i dive and have been for a while i used to live in rogers arkansas i would be interested in doing some diving with you and or some of the others in the group but i do travel for a living so the dive would need to be well scheduled please contact me if you are interested
Glad you made it. I have been looking around and there are going to be a lot of cool things to see when we get to tuscany. Welcome to the group junior.
dawgchain
The Pumkin King
The Pumkin King

Post by dawgchain »

yes, we continue to recruit fresh blood. At this rate, willard, we will have enough troops to start phase one, where we steal all of the worlds underwear! And soon, so very soon it will be complete and you shall rule the WORLD!
----------This space for rent----------
jessgcmo
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by jessgcmo »

hey pipliner hows life treating you i cant wait for tuscany, also hello to any and every one else umm in regards to the subject of this forum i think i will bring all my gear to tuscany for recreational purposes and i had pretty good luck finding some good gear on ebay
FiReDiVeR
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Post by FiReDiVeR »

jessgcmo
hey pipliner hows life treating you i cant wait for tuscany, also hello to any and every one else umm in regards to the subject of this forum i think i will bring all my gear to tuscany for recreational purposes and i had pretty good luck finding some good gear on ebay
What gear did you get on Ebay?
jessgcmo
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by jessgcmo »

i dint actually get anything i was just looking to see if you can find any quality gear on ebay because im gonna be going to alexandria VA and there is a dive shop that is well know in the area for his extensive training classes im gonna be taking som more tech and cave diver certs. and trying to do what i can to find some more gear for the classes
FiReDiVeR
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Post by FiReDiVeR »

I have talked about it a couple of times and finally got the chance to post my gear. Anyone else want to do the same and let us know what equipment you use?

*Northern Diver- Divemaster drysuit
*O'Neill 7 Millimeter wetsuit
*Excel 5-4-3 Millimeter wetsuit
*Dacor 2.5 Millimeter wetsuit
*Cressi-Sub 2 Millimeter hooded T-shirt
*Zeagle Ranger LTD. w/ intergrated Otopus inflate BCD
*Dacor Viper metal primary regulator
*Full face Ocean Reef Neptune space mask w/intergrated regulator and communications system
*Dacor Darwin dive computer
*SeaVision Ultra View light enhancing mask
*Dacor Integra fins
*Cressi-Sub Freefrog fins
*Deep-Sea boots
*Akona Bughunter gloves
*Excel GlideSkin 3.2 Millimeter gloves
*PC Lite dive light
*Princeton Tec impact dive light
*Pelican Sabrelight
*Deep-Sea Winoka titanium Blackie Collins signature knife
*3- 80 cubic foot tanks
*2- 63 cubic foot tanks
*Ocean Reef Shore station for communcaions from surface crew to diver and diver to surface crew
jessgcmo
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by jessgcmo »

lets see my gear selection isnt that large at the moment im gonna need to buy some caving and wreck diving specific stuff but i have,

aqua lung titan xl 1st and 2nd stage regs.
seaquest balance bc
the same knife you have but its riveted to my bc
a larger knife for my leg
a 3 mil wet suit
a 7 mil farmer john
a 35 mil cheaper camera its good for 160 ft i believe
a good cannon camera but i dote have an underwater housing for it yet
a couple reels
1 pistolgrip light and another smaller light... i need to buy some better lights but havnt got around to it
5 mil boots
another medium sized knife cliped to my bc on a gear keeper clip

as far as rec diving goes i am a minimalist but i am starting to get into some tech. diving which will require alot more gear I travel for a living working for pipliner and so im gone alot but i would like to do some diving in some of the places you spoke of in some of the forum would you be interested
FiReDiVeR
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Post by FiReDiVeR »

I also have an underwater video camera, and all kinds of reels, clips, and pouches but that is just little extras. All most all of my diving is for work I don't get to go for pleasure very often.