a great resource for cheap gear

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below
mechfreak57
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

a great resource for cheap gear

Post by mechfreak57 »

any of y'all get your stuff from "cheaper than dirt" in fort worth, texas? its an awesome store w/ mil surplus and guns and survival gear for, as the name says, cheaper than dirt! right now you can get a us military gas mask with new filters for $40! only $10 if your a member!!! check it out the stuff there is perfect for UE stuff. i just live 30min from the store. www.cheaperthandirt.com
The objective of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other sorry bastard die for his.
-Gen. Patton
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

Post by whipping_post »

Cheaper than dirt has some good stuff but so does www.thesportsmansguide.com since they also have surplus military stuff.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign.
mechfreak57
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by mechfreak57 »

whipping_post wrote:Cheaper than dirt has some good stuff but so does www.thesportsmansguide.com since they also have surplus military stuff.
i get their catalog in the mail. the mil. surplus one. some of its over priced, but there are good deals to. cheaper than dirts store has every gun you can imagine!!! haha! the even have lock blade knives in bins like fruit you bag up and buy by the pound!!
The objective of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other sorry bastard die for his.
-Gen. Patton
mjames
Prodigal Son Returns
Prodigal Son Returns

Post by mjames »

mechfreak57 wrote:lock blade knives in bins like fruit you bag up and buy by the pound!!
*thinks* A pound of lock blade knives. Knife throwing party!
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

RE: a great resource for cheap gear

Post by whipping_post »

And yes, they have throwing knives.

Some of the military stuff is okay but some of it is a tad bit overpriced. Still, both have good stuff for a pretty good price.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign.
colt45
Shiney Hiney
Shiney Hiney

Post by colt45 »

Do they have rock climbing gear?I will be sooo happy if they have rock climbing gear.
There's no place like gnome
~Barracuda~
dawgchain
The Pumkin King
The Pumkin King

Post by dawgchain »

I am the reigning sharp and pointy KING!

If it has a point i have cut myself with it.

I own easy 100 different sharp weapons and tools, nearly all of which have drawn blood and only half that was my own. I can and do proficeintly use all of them. I can use anything devistatingly well, so long as it isn't a freeswing weapon...IE... chains, whips, ropes, chucks, manriki chains, bolas, terkat weights, morning stars, or pantyhose's with tennis balls in the toe.

It has been over a yar an a half since i have seriously trained, I broke my practice weapons.
----------This space for rent----------
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

Re: RE: a great resource for cheap gear

Post by whipping_post »

colt45 wrote:Do they have rock climbing gear?I will be sooo happy if they have rock climbing gear.
They have some, mostly old military stuff and a lot of ice gear. I still find the best climbing stuff on e-bay or at actual climbing websites. I may go cheap on some stuff, but if it'll save my life, I'll pay what I have to!
RaccoonCC
Big Sexy
Big Sexy

Post by RaccoonCC »

Yeah, Colt, we don't want you hanging from the ceiling with a 5 dollar rope....oh wait....thats already happened.
I'm not good I'm not nice i'm just right. I'm witch...You're the world.
colt45
Shiney Hiney
Shiney Hiney

Post by colt45 »

That was amazing i need to go get the pictures developed :lol:
There's no place like gnome
~Barracuda~
mjames
Prodigal Son Returns
Prodigal Son Returns

Post by mjames »

Yeah, pics i took of you hanging from that sex swing... i mean five dollar rope.