Mapping tool for the community

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below
lokiracer
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Mapping tool for the community

Post by lokiracer »

Hey everyone, I've been working on a little pet project and wanted to share it with everyone.

https://urbex.ai/

I'm trying to bring together content from around the internet into a centralized location. Uniforming data from all the sources has proven to be challenging, so some results may not be 100%.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: Mapping tool for the community

Post by SubLunar »

I've played around with it a bit a while back and it's pretty damn good. Absolutely awesome work. I myself have limited skills working with html/css and especially php and it's generally in the realm of torture for me, so mad respect for anyone who can pull something like this off. Well done.

My biggest concern with things like this is location sensivity vs public access to the map. The general public has shown that it will fucking destroy anything for internet clout/narcissism. So I've grown rather protective of locations in general. And.. at that point a global map becomes less useful for me personally because 99% of the time, I don't really care about traveling to publicly known/bombed out shitholes.